It's was a Dumb A** Moment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i did something simular,, i forgot to turn the switch on, i like to pulled my shoulder out tring to get it started,,flip teh switch on and it fired right up

Last year, my father in law and I rented a wood splitter with a Honda engine on it. While he went to the truck to get the saws, I was going to let the splitter warm up. 5 minutes and 3 blisters later, I could not get the thing started. My father in law walked up, flipped the switch to 'on' and it cranked in half a pull. I should have known better. My pressure washer has the same engine.:bang:

Keep writing guys, I'm taking notes and learning. I am famous for making flares and forgetting to put the flare nut on. Kind of hard to keep a refrigerant line from leaking with no flare nut.:bang:

saw doc tried to get a saw to run without fuel, yesterday. he's an airline pilot....they do everything with a checklist.

Ha Ha. Keep 'em coming :cheers:

I was thinking to myself, Tim always seems high a good majority of the time.... just couldn't put my finger on it... :check: :jester:

good for you Tim!! I've always wanted to fly...listened to my wife (g/f @ the time) a bit too much bout joinin the A/F... :cry:

never was told I had ~ 20/10 vision till I tested myself :rolleyes: they always stopped @ 20/20...

Last edited:
Not chainsaw related but dangerous and the dumbest of all...

So after 6 hours of replacing the front Hub bearings and brakes on my Ram, which was not easy because the upper ball joints and steering arms needed to be seperated, I finally got everything back together. On my test drive I heard some nasty knocking/Banging noises from the front end. I swerved back and forth trying to find which side its coming from. 2 Bad Hub bearings? Ball joints? Something stupid, YES. Always remember to tighten the Lug nuts on the wheels... :freaked-out:... The wheels were just shy of falling off.. No damage, and no one hurt except for my ego...:shame:

Not chainsaw related but dangerous and the dumbest of all...

So after 6 hours of replacing the front Hub bearings and brakes on my Ram, which was not easy because the upper ball joints and steering arms needed to be seperated, I finally got everything back together. On my test drive I heard some nasty knocking/Banging noises from the front end. I swerved back and forth trying to find which side its coming from. 2 Bad Hub bearings? Ball joints? Something stupid, YES. Always remember to tighten the Lug nuts on the wheels... :freaked-out:... The wheels were just shy of falling off.. No damage, and no one hurt except for my ego...:shame:

YIKES:eek:

2wd I take it?

my buddy brought his jeep over, and, he couldn't, for the life of him, figure out what he noise was out back. I noted it changed with wheel speed, not u-joint (they are NOT serviceable on the 06+ grand cherokee's, btw :bang: )

I brought it to the garage to have my buddy take a peek with me... then I remembered that I thought about it the night before to check for a broken belt, and the wheel being tight... was it?? NOPE.

that was a easy fix...but coulda really hurt someone..

:bang::check:

one of my best dumbass moments was torquing down the heads on a SBC 350 engine and not installing the rods and pistons before hand......

just had one the other day working on the tractor, I had a problem in the wiring so I had taken out the headlight switch and left it hanging to the side while I installed a new key switch, when I got the new switch installed turned the key on it blew the main fuse, took me about 15 fuses to realize that the headlight switch was grounding and blowing the fuse....

That's some good **** right there. I don't feel like such an idiot now. Hahahaha
You guys got me beat.

Back