J-Red Cs2166 mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bro

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Guys, I've done the search, and I'm not really finding what I'm looking for. I'm looking to grind the transfer port panels on a CS2166, and can't find a good thread that explains the process well.. If someone could link one, or give me some direction, it would be greatly appreciated.!!

Thanks,
Brandon

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
0704afabaa263d8867bb882d5959e045.jpg

Pull the cylinder and remove the transfer covers, you will need a security torx bit. there is a baffle in them that you need to grind out. I clipped mine out with some side cutters and then used a small sanding drum to smooth them out.

View attachment 726647 View attachment 726651
Thank you.!! That seems simple enough. Did you notice a pretty good gain.? I've already dual ported the muffler with a 288 deflector..

I didn't make any cuts with mine before I did it. If you do a base gasket delete make sure to check your squish, Mine was .016 on the outside edge and around .020 on the inside edge of the squish band, not flat.

I didn't make any cuts with mine before I did it. If you do a base gasket delete make sure to check your squish, Mine was .016 on the outside edge and around .020 on the inside edge of the squish band, not flat.
What's an acceptable squish number.?

Bro , I just did this to my 2166 that I have had for a year and I did a muffler mod and ground the transfers with a base gasket delete and the saw is really nice to cut with now. I cut with it alot today with a 8 tooth sprocket and man o man that thing is sweet.

Ronie mine was the same and I ran 3 tanks through it today and I was in some big oak and really working it and that thing couldn't get enough wood to eat. Lol

Ronie mine was the same and I ran 3 tanks through it today and I was in some big oak and really working it and that thing couldn't get enough wood to eat. Lol
That's good to know. I've only made a few test cuts with mine and I love it. I made a couple of cosmetic changes to one of mine.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1893.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1893.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 20
  • thumbnail_IMG_1895.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1895.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 22
Back