Jeanne's 5 day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tree Machine

Tree Machine

Addicted to ArboristSite
Here's the same image....

16573.jpg

Koa Man

Koa Man

Kahuna giganticus
My daughter had a one week vacation at Disney World scheduled for Sep. 18 to Sep. 25. Had to cancel and forfeit $169 hotel deposit. Delta said they had canceled all flights to Orlando. I am sure she and her family would not have enjoyed that vacation very much. They went to Disneyland instead. My next door neighbor had sold his house and was supposed to move to someplace near Miami last week. He is still here. I hope his new house is still standing.

Tree Machine

Tree Machine

Addicted to ArboristSite
Sunday evening, Tampa, it looks like you're easing up. Orlando, you'll be outta the weeds after tonight and RE start your cleanup tomorrrow. You should be getting good at it by now, though ???? tired of it I'm sure.

Tree Machine

Tree Machine

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning, Georgia

Wow. 78 MPH (130 KPH). Mother Nature is just pummelling you, Florida.

Jeanne was a scrapping, little hurricane that really gave all of itself to the southeastern United States, especially Florida. I mean, it does a 270 degree right turn out in the middle of the Atlantic, where the water is starting to get cooler. Once she had abruptly changed and directed west, she determinedly held that west course..... Until she perched herself in the middle of the state of Florida. Change course again, just shy of Tampa, strategically veer upstate and go give Rocky a big wet Kiss.

She continued NNW up through the state, hammered Gainesville, and THEN got downgraded to a tropical storm.

Just for fun, I guess, she is now furiously drenching Georgia, and Guess what? Hello Atlanta.

It's easy to see that South Carolina and especially North Carolina, y'll are gonna get whacked from the backside.

With her behavior I expect she'll completely fizzle out right over the eastern seaboard. It'll rain for 2-1/2 days and Jeanne will never really go out to sea. That's because she's the little hurricane that could.

Atlanta, later this afternoon, I wish you much creativity in keeping your spirits up.

Here's todays maps, Monday morning, Sept 27. Georgia doesn't look happy.

trees4life

trees4life

ArboristSite Operative
TreeSpider

Loved what you learned from the storms. We learned some of the same during the blackout of 2003. I'll try to remember them when I visit the sunshine state next month.

Hope this was the last of the storms for you this season, you've all sufferered enough.