Jeep saw/four wheeler saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobdag

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Wanting to know what a small decent saw would be to take on my jeep or four wheeler. I'm thinking a top handle or something like a 025 with a 16" bar.

I don't know what diameter wood you have in mind but I've been using a Stihl homeowner cordless a good bit for about 3 months and am VERY happy with it. I still need my gas saws but for 95% of my cutting the 10" bar is fine. Here is one aspect of the new lithium batt cordless saws few people think of. You could mount it in your jeep and totally ignore it for 2 or 3 years and then suddenly one day you need it. You pull it out and start cutting. Batt will have 90+ percent of it's full charge. Gas saw in the same scenario ain't going to run without a carb cleaning at the very least.

Poulan 2750, small and powerful especially with muff modded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an Echo CS310 I grab when I just need a small trail saw. Great little saw, comparable to a MS 170 or MS 180. 14" bar and cuts little stuff great.

Damn had no idea they were hiding that much power in them. Sounds like a baby 590 aka the sleeper saw

My mm and tuned 400's are very impressive, won't say they will run with my 50 but they can move wood. Actually, the 400 is my favorite saw.

A nice small and light saw to strap on to a 4 wheeler is the Homelite super 2. I have one with a muffler mod done to it which really woke it up, power enough to go through 10 inches of hardwood without a problem. I also have the smaller displacement xl2, the super 2 is considerably more powerful.

Of my saws... I'd take my Echo 4400 with me for a nice lightweight saw to have while out in the 4X4 or on a 4-wheeler for sure. It's light, 18" bar is plenty long for most of what might be out in the way, and it certainly has the HP to cut well enough. Sure the 341 is smaller and lighter, but 12" of bar isn't much use but for limbing out here in CA (especially when out in the woods...)

Clay

A nice small and light saw to strap on to a 4 wheeler is the Homelite super 2. I have one with a muffler mod done to it which really woke it up, power enough to go through 10 inches of hardwood without a problem. I also have the smaller displacement xl2, the super 2 is considerably more powerful.

I use a Super 2 also for 4 wheeler and jeep trails. Easy to start and cuts real good and runs a long time on one fueling. I do not use a low kickback lo pro chain, I use the pro cut type chain. Carry it in a small plastic case with a scrench (bar and screwdriver tool) and 5/32 file.. The top handle Homelites can be found reasonable and parts can be readily found on flea bay.
Some of the little Poulans might be ok, If you leave a little poulan in the woods, no great loss as they are considered a consumable item.;)

Latest posts

Back