• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Jobu Junior - Early 50's Vintage - One Owner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fellas -

Picked up this saw a few months ago from the original owner's son. Depending on how you count, it's either a 3, 2 or 1 owner saw. The son told me that his father purchased it new in the 50's to use on their farm in rural Sweden. He said the saw was very well taken care of because it was a significant outlay of cash for the family back in the 50's.

I bought it and looked it over and put it on the shelf. I don't know if it has moved in months. It would be a great addition to any collection, and I have a fair amount of literature (IPL, advertising, etc) that I can e mail as well.

I'd love to keep it, but it really doesn't fit my collection.

For those not familiar with JO-BU, it's a Norwegian company; saws are fairly common in Europe. The Junior came out in 1952, but I believe this one was sold in 1955 or 1957; will have to check to see if I have some notes on it. Has an 18" bar.

This particular saw is in quite good shape, especially considering its age. It turns over fine and does have compression.

Cash price is $500 + shipping (about $60 to the U.S.). Trades accepted. I'm in the market for a Jonsered 111, Stihl 056 magnum, and a Stihl 044, among other things. A Mac 797 would be mighty fine, too.

PM with questions.

Thanks

Scott

1760442778.jpg IMG_0482.JPG IMG_0481.JPG IMG_0480.JPG IMG_0479.JPG IMG_0477-3.JPG

How cool is that :).
Look at that chain, and who wouldn't like the "reduced weight" bar :D.
Tres cool! I love the chain design. That thing looks serious. Yeah, reduced weight bar. Too bad it won't make much of a difference on that medieval thing. It's like using aluminum body panels on a pickup truck to reduce mass. Oh wait... :happybanana:

GLWS

Bump! I'm back in the states, and brought the saw back with me. PM if interested.

Also, now that I've unpacked, I realized I don't have any room in the garage for my musclecars, so I'm paring down the collection. Much of what you see in my signature is for sale. I'll be posting ads here, CL, eBay, etc. If you see something you're interested in, message me.

Thanks

Scott

Back