John Deere chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My CS56 was shipped out monday and was sittin on my porch when i got home today :clap:
I' ll try her out tomorrow.
IMG_6010.jpg

Hmmm I got a box just like that in the back room...and now I finally know what the stock bar looks like on the powerhead!! Sold my bar and chain and got a 20" Arbor Pro from Bailey's.

I just go back from cutting a truckload of hedge this morning, and I'm still impressed with this saw and it continues to get better. Need to order more chains tho!! Had to break out the Wildthang with a fresh chain to finish up...wow what a difference between the 2 saws!!

Hmmm I got a box just like that in the back room...and now I finally know what the stock bar looks like on the powerhead!! Sold my bar and chain and got a 20" Arbor Pro from Bailey's.

I just go back from cutting a truckload of hedge this morning, and I'm still impressed with this saw and it continues to get better. Need to order more chains tho!! Had to break out the Wildthang with a fresh chain to finish up...wow what a difference between the 2 saws!!

Maybe you should order some files and learn to sharpen freehand. I'm not trying to belittle you, just a suggestion that will pay dividends.

Yup I'm short on files as well as chains for the new saw. Never been any good at free handing anything ( can't draw a straight line with a ruler ). But I suppose I might become accomplished enuff to survive out in the field should I need to.

I heard that John Deere is not going to have the Efco saws anymore and are going to Stihl?

I heard that John Deere is not going to have the Efco saws anymore and are going to Stihl?

From my understanding John Deere will be selling Stihl in their dealerships. They won't have a green saw made by Stihl (as it was with Efco). It will be the orange and white Stihl's. If I have understood this wrongly...someone will correct me.

Kevin

I was at John Deere last week and they had Sthil's on display on one side of the showroom and John Deere Efco's on the other.

i went last night to pick my jd cs46 that i had shipped from D&G. nice little saw. already removed the limiter caps and removed the baffle from the muffler.

BUT, this thing leaks gas when laid on the bar side of the saw, looks like it is comming from the breather? has anyone else had this problem, if so have you fixed it and how.
also i have a used stihl bar i would like to put on it ( the jd bar is crap ) but the oiling hole look like it is way to far off, has anyone installed a stohl bar on a cs saw?
thanx ahead.

You may want to try and get parts through an Efco dealer, if you can find one your way. They are the same parts as JD, but about 1/2 the price tag. I think your 46 is and Efco 147 for parts purposes.

Last edited:
Those CS56's look like a decent deal. Are they all sold out? I went to the D & G site and they weren't listed anymore. If anyone knows where I can find one please let me know. Wish I had seen this thread when it first started.:cheers:

They have recently released a couple of coupons that expire in April.

...which look just like the coupons that expired in December IIRC. $25 off or a free case.
When D&G says "we have 2000 of this model" I get the idea that they bought every last one that Deere had when Deere gave a super duper final closeout price on the stuff they've been trying to dump since September. Too bad the CS56, CS62, and CS81 can't be found at new deep discounts like the 36,40 and 46. I'd rather have a $400 CS81 than a $165 CS46.

Last edited:
I'm also very interested in the CS62's but I'm sure they are gone as well. I'll call later on today and ask. Thanks.
I contacted Lonny @ D&G about a week ago, he reports there's no more cs62's to be had. At that time there were only 3 cs56's remaining, too.
I noticed their most recent cs56 eBay listing (sold, now closed) noted it as the last one.

-Eric.

Latest posts

Back