John Deere/Echo question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomdcoker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Good evening to all. I recently acquired a John Deere 46EV saw in almost new condition except for compression. The saw has the original chain, sprocket and bar, but the owner loaned it to a friend and it came back with 60# of compression. He thinks that the friend ran it with straight gas to finish a job. From the information that I got from the Acres site I think it is the same as a CS-440EVL. Can someone confirm or correct me on this. Also will Echo Parts (piston, rings and gasket) work. Thanks For any help. Tom

True. This was the friend of the man that gave me the saw. I very seldom loan saws and when I do I send oil and gas with saw. Tom

Good evening to all. I recently acquired a John Deere 46EV saw in almost new condition except for compression. The saw has the original chain, sprocket and bar, but the owner loaned it to a friend and it came back with 60# of compression. He thinks that the friend ran it with straight gas to finish a job. From the information that I got from the Acres site I think it is the same as a CS-440EVL. Can someone confirm or correct me on this. Also will Echo Parts (piston, rings and gasket) work. Thanks For any help. Tom

same saw,parts are the same just different paint.

I thought so, but I wanted someone more knowledgeable than me to confirm it. Thanks For the quick response. Tom

Back