john lambert's 088 chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdhotsaw

Yoda
Reaction score
hello art,
did you get that racing chain for ol john done? he's frothing at the mouth waiting to test it. But I'm not sure that 088 will pull it but he can always put it on one of his 090's
ken

Ken...I almost got John's new chain Dunn. I got the other two re-sharpened and ready. They are going to be so fast that he will think the log is hollow, that is, if he puts them on the right saw.
Art

johns chain

good morning art,
one thing you might want to do is sharpen the back of the teeth also, dennis tells me that about half the time john puts the chain on backwards and it wont cut as well
ken

Ken,
John told me that when that happens, he just turns the saw upside down and that way the chain is going in the right direction.
Art

He can borrow the bar off of RBTREE's Craftsman Solo 651. It has the little picture on the bar showing which direction to put the chain. :D

Hi Ken and Art, I have found that if I mount two bars beside each other with a spacer I can make two cuts at the same time. I always win the races this way and it doubles real nice as a dado blade. I have two 16" bars on my 088 so thats why I have two 16" Martin chains. I mount them on backwards cause I dont want to dull them when I'm dadoing. It rips the wood fibre out in huge chunks.
John

John lambert's chain

Hello art,
John always cuts a hollow log , dennis too, thats the only way they can post those fast times
ken

Hi Ken, it brings me back to the good ole days when I use to cut hollow logs for culverts that we used to bridge Rainbow trout infested creeks emptying into the Yukon. I blasted thru them like no other with a P45, but that was back in 83'. Just think what I can accomplish with a Martin chain.
Anyway those hollow logs gave it up in 8.3 I will have you know.
John

john's 090-honda

Hello Dennis,
John called me last night and wanted to know if a 500 cc honda motorcycle can be fitted to a 090 stihl . I told him sure , we just have to cut off the transmission and the water jacket, and build a cylinder head to get the squish down and reattach all the covers. no one will know the difference. I think he's gunning for rotax robert's 330 rotax

Ken...I knew he was up to something...that is why Robert and I spent all week converting that325 Rotax into my 540 KTM...didnt take near as much machine work as we thought...and it still looks like any other Rotax....wait till I beat the V8's with it in Buckley...hehe...and LLamabert in Clearwater ....thanks for the heads up Ken!!

Hi Ken, it's kinda just a coincidence, but I was bahaw'in around on my Honda 450ES and was wondering what it would take to make it talk. I have an FMF muffler on it and VRS and Big Foot kit as in 12"x27". I put some 32:1 in it today cause I had nothing else. Is this ok or should I use avgas?
John

Hello john,
32-1 is fine as long as it is synthetic, If we add a three stage turbocharger and a nitrous kit ol dennis and robert will be scratching their heads at clearwater and saying, well thats a fine running 090 stihl
KD

Hi Ken I decided to fit a pto on the Honda so I will attach a 59 inch belly bar that Art is making for me. He says it will outcut the predator, but two men must lift the ATV to make the cut.
Is Dennis still cutting hollow logs?
John

Latest posts

Back