johnsered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbarber55

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
which model Johnsered saw compares to Husky 350 and Husky 55 Rancher?
Thanks,
Tom

There are no direct comparisons for the Husky 55 in the Jonny-red line. That's OK, because the 55 will be gone soon anyway; All of Husky and Jonny's stuff is the same for the last couple of years...except you can't get some of the Husky hot-rods in red (346xp, 357xp).

Jacob, I could get my whole family to call you Bob, still wouldn't be you name. I got a great deal on a 49SP off e-bay because it was listed as a "Johnson Red" .

The brand name Jonsered is the name of the village outside Gothenburg on the west coast of sweden, where the company started out in 1834.

- There's a little etymology for you..

/Ola

now i done learned something ..it aint johnsenred,,huh... its jon se red.
now say that fast one time.:)
here in the south that sounds like johnsenred.

If you want to learn even more: Here's how it's pronounced in Swedish - iewnserehd

/Ola

Thanks for the Sverige lesson, Q. How about further refinement, and post it Phonetically for us anglophones...

How is this:

Jonsered: (Yën se ré-ed(th))

pronounce the "ë" by trying to say it while pursing lips as if to whistle. There is an almost imperceptible pause in the third "e" as it slides from long to short sound. The "d" at the end is pronounced by gently touching the tongue to the teeth, rather than firmly to the roof of the mouth...kinda makes the the "d" soft and fuzzy, rather than hard and glottal.

Be aware that my Swede is somewhat self-taught and unpracticed lately, and so pretty weak.

Having read quite a few languages, this was one of the more problematic challenges; How to write Jonsered phonetically without having the special characters for it.
Reading yo'nsere:d as an english speaking person quite resembles the way I say it in swedish. With the emphasis on yo but with a short o and not like the hip-hop Yo! and a long e: as in english veer, - should get you very close to the Swedish.

Tack för att du frågade, kul att kunna lära ut lite till en svenskättling? - In english: Thanks for asking, great to be able to teach a thing or two to a swedish descendant?

/Ola

Hi Quatanlison,

as you seem to be very close to Jonsered(s) is there any chance you can get a hand on a manual for a 1965 Jonsereds XF ? I collect old chain saws and found this beautiful saw this summer at a Brocante in the south of France. It had been sitting in a dusty spott for many years. Changed the fuel line into the tank and it started wright away after the 6.71 cuin (110cc) almost broke my hands. Thanks for your reply.

bigpetzi Germany

To my european friends, This is WAY off topic but I'll give it a shot. I have a 1996 Plymouth Voyager, same as a Dodge Caravan, I want the european headlights for this vehicle. The european headlights are glass while the U.S. versions are plastic. i cannot put brighter bulbs in the U.S. headlights because they melt. If anyone can help me I'd be very grateful. Please e-mail me if you can help

[email protected]

bigpetzi

I'll sure look into it, though I'm off at some cenference for two days. I'll come back to you on friday about it. OK?

/Ola

Sedanman- You might check e-bay for aftermarket glass headlight lenses for your Voyager. I found a set for a Nissan Quest on there for 35 bucks brand new, 8 bucks shipping.

Bigpetzi- You might try George Blake, he's the premiere Jonsered connection for antique Jonsered parts anywhere. In fact, the Jonsered technical folks sometimes refer to him. His e-mail is: [email protected]

If the guy on the tape is indeed swedish and speaks in swedish on the tape, then I've no explanation for it, exept for the fact that he might have some defect in the oral region. BUT if he, on the other hand, is Swedish and is speaking in english, he's just trying to sound a bit more american and thus americanize the pronounciation. No swede would EVER pronounce it like Yan sir red, trust me. But it really doesn't matter as no one in the business would ever ponder over what a "Yan sir red" -saw is...

/Ola - From the land of yewn'serre:d and hu:s'kvarna -

Back