Joined the BK Club

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now? In February you make the purchase? Either a bit late or a bit early huh. Congrates Those are good units.

Welcome to the dark side where no one believes a word you say lol.
Excellent, that will fit well with my former Mod title.

It will take about 2 weeks to get it in the store. I'm doing cash and carry so I have until then to get a couple of friends together that want to drink some beers and get this SOB off my truck.

If I were to ever have a stove inside, I'd go with a blaze king, our friends have them and really like them. Seems to be well built. I'm sure you'll like yours.

It will take about 2 weeks to get it in the store. I'm doing cash and carry so I have until then to get a couple of friends together that want to drink some beers and get this SOB off my truck.
a couple??? best go for three,, one for each corner...and hope none of you trip!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish I had that BK last night! I had to get up every 3 hours to feed the Shenandoah. It was nearly -17F this AM! I'm almost in the 100 degree club with the house staying 70F.

The 5 day is looking kind of weak, I doubt we'll have another shot at it very soon. I hope I have the King installed when it does happen. :yes:

I managed to role mine off the trailer right into the house with a heavy duty aluminum hand cart. Next it was up onto I guess you would call it a banister. Wife was pretty worried she was going to have to help but I got lucky and it all fell into place. If you don't have stairs it should be pretty easy.

Taking the firebrick out and as well as the door off helps alot to move it.

Taking the firebrick out and as well as the door off helps alot to move it.
Great idea, I'll know more when it arrives as it will be in a shipping create. Taking the fire brick out might make it a 2 man job.

I managed to role mine off the trailer right into the house with a heavy duty aluminum hand cart. Next it was up onto I guess you would call it a banister. Wife was pretty worried she was going to have to help but I got lucky and it all fell into place. If you don't have stairs it should be pretty easy.
I just need to get it out of the back of my truck and on the ground. I have a walk out basement with a garage door and can back my truck down in front of the door. It gets even more convenient because of the small hill the truck has to back down lowers the tail gate a fair amount with the nose of the truck uphill and all... I have some heavy furniture dollies to get it across the concrete floor.

Great idea, I'll know more when it arrives as it will be in a shipping create. Taking the fire brick out might make it a 2 man job.

I just need to get it out of the back of my truck and on the ground. I have a walk out basement with a garage door and can back my truck down in front of the door. It gets even more convenient because of the small hill the truck has to back down lowers the tail gate a fair amount with the nose of the truck uphill and all... I have some heavy furniture dollies to get it across the concrete floor.

You could temporarily lower it even more by blocking the front wheels securely, then removing the rears and lowering it some more with two jacks maybe?

edit: if it is too steep, I dunno, perhaps use/borrow/rent a stout engine crane. Pick it up out of the bed, drive truck away, lower it onto piano dollie.

Piece of cake. I got my BK out of the back of my 4x4 F350 by myself with a pair of motorcycle ramps. Leave it on the pallet and just scooch it down to grade. Then up onto a dolly. Never physically "lift" a stove unless you have no choice. I had to lift my NC30 up onto an 18" platform for code reasons and used the wheel barrel method. Easier for two men to dead lift it that way.

So did you get a king or a princess. Both are "Blaze Kings". I love the heck out of mine!

Attachments

• IMAG0827.jpg
    IMAG0827.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 58
  • balls 134.jpg
    balls 134.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 52
Piece of cake. I got my BK out of the back of my 4x4 F350 by myself with a pair of motorcycle ramps. Leave it on the pallet and just scooch it down to grade. Then up onto a dolly. Never physically "lift" a stove unless you have no choice. I had to lift my NC30 up onto an 18" platform for code reasons and used the wheel barrel method. Easier for two men to dead lift it that way.

So did you get a king or a princess. Both are "Blaze Kings". I love the heck out of mine!
I got the King Ultra. Rounded up 3 friends on the promise of good beer and got it moved. We used something similar to what you show in your pic with the 2x4's except we put them through the pallet skid just like forks on a fork truck would go. One man per corner and walked right into the basement with it and set it on top of another pallet. Uncrated it and moved the stove on top of a dolly for now.

IMG_20160306_174233361.jpg

IMG_20160306_174158215.jpg

IMG_20160306_174045883.jpg

What is that twine securing? Is that some kind of cat held in by the steel with hole punched in it?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

The twine is holding the plate with the holes for shipping. That plate is like a flame arrestor so the cat (behind that plate) sees less flame impingement.

Latest posts

Back