Jon cutter 5800

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welderman85

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Not sure how everyone feels about these saws but I just picked one up to play with. Are there any good mods that can be done and what bars do you guy run on them. Thank you

Most guys on this forum hate chinese saws.
I've had one of these for a few years, they're good saws and better than most saws in the same price range.
I run a .325 15 inch bar for a husky 450 or 55. I had to change the rim sprocket to run this, I have a 8 pin .325 rim on it.
I dont think a 20 inch 3/8 bar/chain belongs on any 50 cc saw, all the guys by me run 15-16 inch bars on pro 50cc saws.
I added a chinese 365/372 carb(a little smaller than oem 372 carbs) and homemade intake to mine with a little porting and an extra 1/2 inch hole in the muffler. My saw is as strong as any other 50cc pro saw now.

There's a guy selling intakes for these.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/255793584612?hash=item3b8e7c59e4:g:GPMAAOSws3FjVyLq

I have an O ring on the bottom of the air filter and a small one on the bolt that holds it down under the filter not on top of it. The O ring gets pushed down on by the filter sealing up the bolt, with it underneath it doesnt disappear when you take the filter off.
I also taped the seam in the filter.
Mine doesnt seam to suck dust.

Latest posts

Back