Jonsered 111 Super Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already pretty pricey...I bet when all is said and done, the buyer will be over 1/2 way towards a new 660 or 395. Old saws are interesting in their own right, however I think they are pretty impractical. If it is too nice/too rare to use, why have it? Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have the saw, and a 750 Homie, and a few others...but I don't have the money to be a 'collector' right now. I hope someone here buys it, restores it, posts progress pictures, and then puts her through the paces in some big wood.

i've got one that i was slabbing some spalted sugar maple with. 42 inch bar.. buried that sucker. hoping to get another one with a shorter bar setup. 30s maybe. for the power vs price its an awesome saw. nice easy to start.. has compression release. fast enough.

i was a little put off by how quickly the price shot up.. and that it looked like a bidding service was manning it.

what am i going to get otherwise in my area... a 694 solo for 800? that thing weighs about the same.

My father has been running his 2- 111S since new and they are still going
like day one. He is 81 this year. He cuts some, but mostly stumps. He enjoys it, and makes a few bucks also. As you say parts are very rare unless you know where to search. But, were wondering: HOW LONG DOES A JONSEREDS
111S LAST? He runs non-eth. gas and Stihl orange at 50:1. He also is still running his bought new 70E. Now he isn't cutting hard each and every day. I'd
call him a fair weather kind of guy. But he can!! The 111S is fun to cut with.
His both run 36 inch bars with .404 as they came. But collect what you want and run em if it's what you got. Bob

Saw King ALWAYS has more of the BIGGEST saws I've ever seen. I've watched him for a few years now...it seems he used to just have large saws, but in the last year or so he has added smaller saws to the mix. Still got the big ones though! I emailed him once out of sheer curiousity to see how he put such a line up together.. he wasn't letting on!

i've been able to start a whole business just off of that saw and from being a member of this site. i'm in maine like my tag says and there really isn't large demand for what you might call a "west coast" setup saw. i started hunting down any large specimens however... spalted or partially rotted examples especially. the stuff that the mills won't take and your typical team wouldn't bother with.. unless for firewood. best candidates are old sugar maples. found one right along side the road. partially felled due to closeness to power lines. within moments of whipping out that saw i got attention. i like it for its " he's either nuts or is really serious factor". i also live along a major log truck route and do slabbing along the road or off the back of my truck. great practice and great exposure. gets people to stop at my yard sales too.

best leg up saw for the money if you can get a deal on one. not at the level yet where i can plop 800-1200 for similar power. plus i just like those motors.

I'm with ya, brother, I'd love to have a 3120 or even a 394, but they want some serious coin for those. I might even be able to afford it, but the wife would think I was pretty irresponsible. Until I can really justify it, I'll do just fine with the beater 2100. I'll probably end up cashing in a few smaller saws for a 394 project soon, though.

Those 111s are impressive, to be sure. I'd probably stop to watch too. I'd find a backup saw, though.. when that thing goes down, it will go down for a while.

If that saw goes down and you need parts, let me know. I know where some parts are. And if you run over it and figure to junk it, by all means get ahold of me, I am scarfing as many 111, or 111S parts as possible. Alls you have to do is, just feed them good quality oil in your mix and keep them sharp. We use 2, 111S's that we bought new daily. We cut, and stump for the public.
We're waiting to see just:"HOW LONG DOES A JONSEREDS 111S LAST"
Bob

i've got one that i was slabbing some spalted sugar maple with. 42 inch bar.. buried that sucker. hoping to get another one with a shorter bar setup. 30s maybe. for the power vs price its an awesome saw. nice easy to start.. has compression release. fast enough.

i was a little put off by how quickly the price shot up.. and that it looked like a bidding service was manning it.

what am i going to get otherwise in my area... a 694 solo for 800? that thing weighs about the same.

I am glad to see you are happy with the 111S I sent you. I still have the 820 you wanted.

Bill

If that saw goes down and you need parts, let me know. I know where some parts are. And if you run over it and figure to junk it, by all means get ahold of me, I am scarfing as many 111, or 111S parts as possible. Alls you have to do is, just feed them good quality oil in your mix and keep them sharp. We use 2, 111S's that we bought new daily. We cut, and stump for the public.
We're waiting to see just:"HOW LONG DOES A JONSEREDS 111S LAST"
Bob

Bob,

On a side note If you decide to get rid of the 3 saws I want to add to my collection let me know.

Bill

Bob,

I believe it is an 80. Gunnarfan wanted it but I have not heard back from him.

Bill

Latest posts

Back