Jonsered 2036 turbo running problems.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2broke2ride

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I had this saw given too me. Not sure how long it sat but it didn't look like it had been run very much. I got it running and cutting with a little tinkering but it really didn't run quite right so I cleaned and kitted the carb. After I did that, I found that I couldn't get it to tune right, as the saw warmed up the idle would gradually increase, I would tune it back down and the same thing would repeat again after a few cuts. I got frustrated with it and shelved it. Tha t was last year lol. Tonight I dragged it out and, figuring it has an air leak, I commenced spraying carb cleaner around as many of the gaskets and seals as I could to no avail. Anyone have a direction to send me in? I really don't wanna put a lot of money or effort into this little saw but I thought it would be a good one for the wife to run seeing how it has the modern safety features that most all of my other saws lack.
Thanks
Kevin

The carb is leaking air through it either around an accelerator pump or check nozzle. Easier to just replace the carbs now rather than fix them, has worked for a good many of the small saws and wackers I have done.

A quick eBay search is not producing a new replacement for this model. Is there something lacking in the design of the original walbro carb that I'm missing? I've rebuilt a ton of these little cube carburetors and never had much trouble.

Compare the WT 834 to WT 239. See if connectors, impulse hole line up. And search ebay for WT 239 - some cross reference carbs should come up. I adapt these carbs to fit some Poulans. Sometimes, you have to grind the choke connector to clear the air filter holder.

Thanks guys, guess I'm gonna go that route. I think I spent more than that on the carb kit originally. Oh well, nobody accused me of being smart.

Just worked on 1 of these the plastic part the carb mounts to has a rubber grommet that goes from it to the cylinder they go bad and suck air and you can't tune the carb afleetcommand has a video about it the grommet is like 6 bucks

I went down the same rabbit hole buddy had it was a close out and never ran it chain was on backwards from the store it was that little grommet that goes on the plastic divider pipe to the cylinder so it wasn't getting any draw

Latest posts

Back