Jonsered 2071 quit today Where do I start?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Bennett

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Was cutting a 30 inch white oak today and when I left off the gas after a few block cuts the saw shut off. It would not restart unles at half choke and quits as soon as I turn the Choke off. All I have done so far is Check compression (135 but my guage reads low and the saw is old) (Plug was the proper color.) Pulled the muffler and observed a healty piston and rings. Air filter was clean and gas is new and proper mix with stihl ultra. My 660 and 460 are running fine on the same gas. Where would you guys look next. I figure carb adjustments but maybe there is a common problem with these Jonsereds/husqvarnas 70 cc saws,that I should try first. I dont have much experinece working on them cause I normaly run Stihls. Any help is appricated.

Sounds like a fuel problem to me. Carb might need rebuilt and cleaned, check fuel filter and fuel lines.

applying the choke increases vacuum in front of the jets causing more fuel to be sucked into the carb and into the combustion chamber. Nearly anytime an engine 2 or 4 stroke "needs" the choke to run, there is a blockage or leak in the fuel system preventing balanced delivery of fuel to air per normal operation.

or what he said ^^^

Filters are pretty new but will double check them, Screen was removed long ago when I opened up the muffler but thanks. I thing you are on to somthing about a fuel leak. I did notice a little fuel had leaked out a week ago when the saw rolled over on the clutch side in the back of my truck. Will try and find the leak next. thanks much

Latest posts

Back