Jonsered 2095

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mogulmasher

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I just scored a nice 2095 this past weekend and would love some feedback on these since there doesn't seem to be many of them around. Earlier this spring I had the opportunity to run a ported 395 and fell in love with the power that saw had. Ever since I've been watching for a 394/395 in need of some work. Well last Friday night an ad popped up for this 2095 not far from me and I jumped right on it and picked it up Sat. Haven't looked at it too much yet cause I've got my 670 Champ going back together on the bench, but it looks like it's in great shape. Guy said he had it serviced and running last year.20200822_150947.jpg

I just scored a nice 2095 this past weekend and would love some feedback on these since there doesn't seem to be many of them around. Earlier this spring I had the opportunity to run a ported 395 and fell in love with the power that saw had. Ever since I've been watching for a 394/395 in need of some work. Well last Friday night an ad popped up for this 2095 not far from me and I jumped right on it and picked it up Sat. Haven't looked at it too much yet cause I've got my 670 Champ going back together on the bench, but it looks like it's in great shape. Guy said he had it serviced and running last year.View attachment 850582
Wry nice score indeed, I hope it does all you ask.
I never heard of that model either.

They were very popular around here. Loggers typically used them with 20-24” bars, tree service used them with 36”. Jonsered marketed them to be used with the chainsaw mill they also sold. The other brands considered milling to void the warranty, Jonsered said “Hold my beer.”.

Mine are collectors items now as there are ZERO 2094/94 specific available anymore. Might see some on eBay or whatnot. Handles and chain brake parts are the most common needed items. Be careful with it.

Pistons, cranks, clutch/drum, bearings, carbs/kits can be sourced from Husqvarna. Anything red or black is hard to find.

Keep an eye on it for air leaks and fuel tank vent issues.

Ya I was checking eBay and it seems motor and clutch parts are no problem. I'm surprised these didn't come standard with a full wrap bar? Is it because just as many people milled with them as cut?

Question about cylinders. There's not a lot of info on these saws, but seems the 394/395 cylinder works no problem but the original Jred cylinder is a little different.

Ya I was checking eBay and it seems motor and clutch parts are no problem. I'm surprised these didn't come standard with a full wrap bar? Is it because just as many people milled with them as cut?

Question about cylinders. There's not a lot of info on these saws, but seems the 394/395 cylinder works no problem but the original Jred cylinder is a little different.
2095 uses a 395 piston, but the 395 cylinder doesn’t fit

Yep, the Jonsered 2094/95 cylinders do not have a Husqvarna chainsaw equivalent. There are cylinders that were used on a couple multipurpose saws(k950, maybe, I do not remember)that will bolt on, performance varies, not sure that these cylinders are still available, they were pricey. Same with mufflers, multipurpose saw muffler was bolt on, performance varies. The 395 piston will work in the 2094 or 2095, the 394 piston not so much.

You could not give away a full wrap handle bar around here.

Nice example! The 2094 was Jonsered's regular multi purpose chainsaw. The 2095 was purpose built for chainsaw milling and was offered with a 12' carriage type mill that actually worked pretty well. Amazingly when offered with the mill it came with a .325 ripping chain and spur sprocket. I friend of mine acquired the whole set up with very little use and brought the power head to me to go through and tune properly before he started milling with it.

Cantdog, info is pretty limited on these saws but I have seen mention the 2095 was detuned a bit from the 2094. I'm assuming this was to increase longevity in continuous mill use?

Hoping to sort out my throttle issue tonight and take some more pics of it all cleaned up. From what I've seen of it so far it's a very low use saw.

Cantdog, info is pretty limited on these saws but I have seen mention the 2095 was detuned a bit from the 2094. I'm assuming this was to increase longevity in continuous mill use?

Hoping to sort out my throttle issue tonight and take some more pics of it all cleaned up. From what I've seen of it so far it's a very low use saw.
Well....I'm not sure detuned is accurate....I believe port timing and exhaust port height have been altered slightly to produce more torque at the same rpm.
On my factory list of "Jonsered MAXIMUM RPM Settings" sheet both the 2094 and 2095 have a tuning max no load rpm of 13,000.....I would also expect the oil pump was altered to pump more as well.....but that is just an assumption...

The carb spring looks like it got bent about 90*. Could be wrong however I think it should be straight in line with the tang on the other end and hooked on the notch or lug near the front of the carb. Weird damage. I will look tomorrow.

You are in the “danger zone”, everything is brittle. Think of it like a game Operation only any time you touch the side it costs you money and time.

The early 2094s were screaming tweaks the tossed cranks and toasted cylinders. The cylinder got detuned into what became the 2095. People loved the early 2094s, basically a 930 just more and faster.

Yes the spring has weird damage. I did manage to straighten it and hook it on tang on other side. Still looks a little weird but seems stable and works as it should.20200825_231545.jpg
....and yes everything is brittle. Broke the tank vent tube while pulling carb. 20200825_231617.jpg20200825_235035.jpg
However, got carb back on, cleaned gapped the plug, threw some fresh fuel at it and it fired right off a d sounds great. Good throttle response, strong idle. Just gotta fix tank vent and hopefully good to go.

Back