Jonsered 2135T Tuning Issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welaf

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey Yall,

Its been quite a while since i have posted but finally I have a good one to see if i can get some help with...

I purchased a good looking 2135T on Craigslist a few weeks ago and am having a really hard time getting it to run right. One problem I am always facing is that I live near 9000ft so tuning is a constant battle. however, i have not had this hard of a time with any of my other saws.

So, the initial issue was a slow or bogging like acceleration from idle. Initilaly i figured i would just remove the limiter caps and richen up the low end a bit to solve the problem...however, being at my elevation i typicall need to lean things out a bit. None the less after some tinkering I decided to clean the carb with the thought that perhaps the previous owner had let bad fuel sit in there for some time and that may have been the problem.

put it back together...same issue...repeat...same issue. Got lazy and found a new carb for 50 bucks and figured id just install it...again..same issue.

If i get the T screw set to where the saw idles a bit higher than normal i can get a decent acceleration out of it but still does not seem right. Plus, when rev'd up WOT it starts to have a hesitation almost like a single bad plug or wire may in a 4 cylinder vehicle.

Changed fuel filter also...thats about it...plus my wife was getting irritated with me out there tuning the saw last night.

I hope someone out there has some insight cause this is the first one I have lost my patience with.

side note...it seemed like it could also have been the impulse line but it looks ok...so, not sure on that either.

Thanks to all in advance for any advice!

Update. Found that the impulse line was not attached to the crank case. Re connected and runs better. Obviously. But, now I can't seem to get the tune just right. Hard to start and when running it wants to still slowly move from idle to mid throttle then full. Any ideas on balancing the L screw with the T screw to find nice jump would be appreciated. After letting off throttle it will calm down to idle and rev up another 5-700 rpm. Finicky thing! Please help

Latest posts

Back