Jonsered 2150 cylinder rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eiler2641

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just got a Jonsered 2150 with a trashed piston and cylinder. I want to put new stuff on it but not sure which size jug and piston to use. Do I go with the 45mm or the 44.3. My end goal is to make it a 2153/346xp.

I agree on a OEM 44.3mm 346xp top end - but the saw will of course not become a 346xp, it will just perform like one.

Before you put a new top end on that saw, you need to get the adapter block out and do a proper rebuild.
Search this site for the info.

Before you put a new top end on that saw, you need to get the adapter block out and do a proper rebuild.
Search this site for the info.

Not sure what you mean by that, but I do plan on putting the metal ring in to hold the boot to the carb. From what I have read the 346 top end is a direct bolt on.

Not sure what you mean by that, but I do plan on putting the metal ring in to hold the boot to the carb. From what I have read the 346 top end is a direct bolt on.

A very problematic spot on that model saw is the adapter block to bottom case. The screws will come loose then you have an air leak. Also the block is not flat so you don't have a long lasting seal to start with.

A very problematic spot on that model saw is the adapter block to bottom case. The screws will come loose then you have an air leak. Also the block is not flat so you don't have a long lasting seal to start with.
I am going to lock tight the bottom screws for the adapter plate, not sure if I want to use a new base gasket or use dirko sealant for the cylinder though.

Back