jonsered 2156

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONSSTIHL

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I haven't heard much about this saw on the forum

2156 4.4 hp, 12.3lbs
2159 4.1 hp, 12.3lbs
2165 4.6 hp, 13.0lbs

my father in law has a 2163 but I haven't gotten to use it much, besides, jonsered has decided to discontinue that model

my dealer says the 2156 is a pro model and that the 2159 is not a pro model
which would make sense given the power to weight ratios. I don<t know why anyone would by a 59 before a 56 unless they are cheaper

I'm considering a 2156 because for me the .2 hp more of the 2165 isn't worth the .7 lb difference

I know the powerband of the engine has an effect on the overall performance of the saw and I was wondering what you guys had to say about it

I get the impression from doing a little research that the 2156 is a high rpm saw with possibly not much torque down lower

what are your opinions?

Welcome Jonsstihl

If you do a serch on Huskys 357 you will find alot about the Jonsereds version 2156. Same same.
Alot of Husky Guys cry about the the forward handle being differnt. Does't bother me. I also like not having that bulky filter housing that Husky has.
I have read that The 357 and 2156 build up alot alot of heat in the head.
Makes sense Higher RPM = Friction = Heat build up.
To reduce friction just add more oil to your gas. Or you can go a step further and Mod the muffler. That will let the saw run cooler and a extra bonus of higher rpms + MORE POWER.
A 2156 Will already put a Sthil 361 to Shame. Just think what you can do to it if you did a port job to the head.
You are looking a Hypo. Saw with endless options for build up.
As I said before The Chicks dig the red.
Good Day,
Mike

JONSSTIHL said:
2156 4.4 hp, 12.3lbs
2159 4.1 hp, 12.3lbs
2165 4.6 hp, 13.0lbs
Be aware that those weights are not true - most 3xx series Huskys and 21xx series weights more than adverticed.

The 357xp, 359 and 365 respectively, are .4kg, .3kg and (just) .1 kg overweight - so the weight difference between the 2156/2159 and the 2165 are less than advertised.

The Stihl MS 361 is lighter than all the saws listed......:deadhorse:

The 2156 is a great saw, and I'd have to say is my favorite in the arsenal. It's probably the best "if you could only have one" saw and fits right in between my 651 solo and the 2171. They do take a few tanks to wake up, but when they do, they really rip. Not all that far behind the 2171/372.

Mine is the DLX version with heated handles. I took some "you're a wimp" ribbing when I got it, but the first time I used it was when a wind storm blew a buddy's tree over last winter. it was partially up against the house, and 3 of us had to cut it up the that morning. It was 12 degrees with 30mph to 40mph winds. The same 2 guys who were breaking my bones, wanted to try it. "Nah, but you can borrow my gloves if you need 'em!"

When ever i set up a new Dealer i always recommend that he order 2 2156 saws in my opinion they are the best all around saw. Yes it is considered the Pro model but if you only want to own one saw the 2156 is ideal wonderfull power to weight and high rpm's

Latest posts

Back