• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Jonsered 2159 Ported

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacomatrd98

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Excellent firewood saw here. This saw has been my work saw for the past few months and has worked great. I acquired it with a scored top end due to intake air leaks and a poorly operating 199. I found a smashed 359 with a perfect piston/cylinder so they made their way onto this saw. Since it was apart, I opened the lowers up and ground on the ports a little and lost the base gasket. No machine work. It still has the cat muffler but I added a second port on the back half before the cat so it's free flowing. I replaced the intake with the metal clamp version and a Treemonkey'd 199 from a 2153 I got from Brad awhile back. Tank vent is gutted and a hose ran to an ms660 vent inside the top cover. Top cover, brake lever, fuel and oil caps, recoil handle and rope are all new oem parts. Clutch cover has a crack in it. I added a splint to the bottom and drilled the end of the crack to keep from spreading. Hole is under the new decal. It has not caused an issue. Everything works well. It tunes easy, starts well, idles well, oils very well and has good power. Instant throttle response and fast spool up. Been running VP and JRed oil at 40:1. Saw looks good. Muffler has a few dents but works fine. It's not minty beauty queen but it is a nice respectable looking saw. Obviously did not detail saw for the pics lol.

Selling PHO.

Asking $450 obo shipped, lower 48

Thanks,

AJ

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Top notch guy. He keeps very good care of his saws. I ran a couple of his at the gtg and they are runners. Glws

Back