• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Jonsered 2159C used Value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mdubc

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was given a Jonsered 2159C in good working condition. What is the used value of this saw? Looking to sell it since I have no need for it.

Thanks!

The value can change a lot based on the condition, pictures help a lot.
Why are you wanting to get rid of it, they are great saws.
They don't bring the top dollar the other pro built saws do, but this is one of the reasons I like the 2159/359.
Even though your not a brand new member I'll say welcome to AS :).

If really clean I would place the value around $400 with bar and chain. Give or take and obviously it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. I have a really clean one and offered it up to another member for $380.

It's not worth 400 you can get a 365 for less then 400. I'm interested send me some pics 732-770-1927
Wow I find this interesting, you've never seen the saw, so you have no idea of the condition of it. Also you base on the fact that "you" you can buy another saw that is way heavier and needs a large bar mount, and depending on which version also has a front tensioner instead of a side tensioner, to me these are all reasons I would want the 2159 instead of the 365 (especially the oe) if I was cutting wood under 18" and even more so if I had to limb any of it. Have you ever seen the 365 you are talking about.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

There's a reason this does not belong here in the first place, this is not an advice column.
@Mdubc put pictures up and put a price on it. ;).

Love it, "it aint worth squat (PM in-bound)".

Its easily worth 300. Once in a while you'll her about someone getting an exceptional deal on one but its because they don't know what it is. That saw brand new is over $500. They cut well and are reliable. Most people over look them because they are not the full pro model but they share 90-95% of the same parts. I wouldn't hesitate buying a good used one for 3-400 depending condition.

Wow I find this interesting, you've never seen the saw, so you have no idea of the condition of it. Also you base on the fact that "you" you can buy another saw that is way heavier and needs a large bar mount, and depending on which version also has a front tensioner instead of a side tensioner, to me these are all reasons I would want the 2159 instead of the 365 (especially the oe) if I was cutting wood under 18" and even more so if I had to limb any of it. Have you ever seen the 365 you are talking about.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

There's a reason this does not belong here in the first place, this is not an advice column.
@Mdubc put pictures up and put a price on it. ;).

Sorry about posting in the wrong place. I figured this would be the best place to get a value. So I was told the saw was I good condition when they said I could have it but turns out it is missing the chain brake assy and handle and the bar and chain need to be replaced.. I will have to look for the replacement handle and brake assy for it.

Thanks for the advice.

Sorry about posting in the wrong place. I figured this would be the best place to get a value. So I was told the saw was I good condition when they said I could have it but turns out it is missing the chain brake assy and handle and the bar and chain need to be replaced.. I will have to look for the replacement handle and brake assy for it.

Thanks for the advice.
It's not a big deal, just that it leads to more of a debate about the actual value which changes drastically based on the guys who are doing the buying. You will always have guys telling you it's worth less then wanting to but it, and guys saying it's worth more that don't buy anything:sucks:, it's usually somewhere in the middle.
Personally I don't think replacing the parts will get you any more than the cost of the replacement parts in this instance. I would just post some pictures and a price as there are may guys with parts saws laying around who would rather get the saw for a little less rather than have to pay for a part they already have.
Ultimately it's up to you and the buyer and what the rest of us sat only carries so much weight ;).

id say that if all decals are there and in good condition (is it pre 2008? the stupid things need the carb boot upgrade for sure and maybe even swap out the walbro carb from 199 to zama).. but it needs the new carb boot no matter what.

with the new carb boot on it and in good shape 20" bar and chain-----$400.00

one of best saws ever made by husky/jred for power to weight ratio. put a 357 / 2156 topend on it and gain yourself another half a HP and your really cooking with oil.

id say that if all decals are there and in good condition (is it pre 2008? the stupid things need the carb boot upgrade for sure and maybe even swap out the walbro carb from 199 to zama).. but it needs the new carb boot no matter what.

with the new carb boot on it and in good shape 20" bar and chain-----$400.00

one of best saws ever made by husky/jred for power to weight ratio. put a 357 / 2156 topend on it and gain yourself another half a HP and your really cooking with oil.
The walbro 199 carb is better than a Zama, but if ya have a bad one, ya got to know how to fix it. ;)

Not worth the headache in the future

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Back