jonsered 2165 ?'s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sure is true, and I believe no two saws of the same model will perform exactly the same either. :)

You hit the nail on the head right there. You can take 2 or a dozen of the same exact saw and some will be mutts and some real screamers out of the bunch.

thanks for all the feedback,folks. so if i opened up the muffler a bit what would happen?any noticeable power increase or is it a waste of time?

I certainly noticed an increase in power when I modded mine. The saw also runs much cooler now.

Different examples of a particular model tested by different entities, with different fuel in different parts of the world will yield different results.

Much the same as different car magazines getting different 0 to 60 times for the same model car. Don't sweat the specs!
As mentioned above this is a really good point I have always been lucky in getting a saw or truck or boat that performed better than it should. I raced a friend of mine this year with are Hi speed 50hp fishing boats lol:) Both are identical except my motor is two years older and black his is Grey blue Jonson motors same prop he weighs 50lbs more than me but I had the hound in the boat he weighs 78lbs. I still had way more top speed and out of the hole better than his boat. Both boats were bought at the same dealer and both were tuned up at the same dealer.

Different examples of a particular model tested by different entities, with different fuel in different parts of the world will yield different results.

Much the same as different car magazines getting different 0 to 60 times for the same model car. Don't sweat the specs!

If they are the same saw, built at the same time, by the same manufacturer; why would they not be tested by the same entity, with the same fuel, in the same part of the world? In fact; why bother testing them separately at all?

You hit the nail on the head right there. You can take 2 or a dozen of the same exact saw and some will be mutts and some real screamers out of the bunch.

Like I said earlier:
.....I would expect a testing facility such as this to produce competent results.
Same applies to Husqvarna's testing agent.

They may be the same saw: I don't know, but neither have I witnessed a valid or persuasive enough argument to dissuade me either. In Spike60's thread he said himself there is little or no evidence in the IPL's that he could find. I have pointed out a discrepency in the spec.s which none have yet explained sufficiently. Hell, it could be marketing! Though why would the 372 be different in Australia? I am sure there is a real explanation for this.

does anybody sell these modded mufflers?

A muffler mod is a fairly simple thing to do yourself. Especially on this model saw. If you search you will find tons of info and pictures on the different ways to do it. Locations on the muffler, the size holes to drill, ect.

You should also come across some names of guys who will do it for you (send your muffler to them).

Latest posts

Back