Jonsered 2188 = Husky 390xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any other new stuff in there? Such as a 2276??

No, still the 2171 - the "strato" (22xx) saws are versions of the 455 and smaller strato "homeowner" Huskys - 2250 looking like the only interesting one.

The 2165, 2159, 2156, 2153 and 2152 is still there as well.

I am just glad to see any new JReds, I don't want them to go the way of Partner.

I think that is the biggest news right there.

If you look at the saws, you only get an increase of 2/10ths of a horsepower, and the weight goes up 3/10ths of a pound. It's a step in the right direction, but it's not exactly one giant leap for Jred-kind!

But like you said...it shows Husky's commitment to quality!! :D

Last edited:
You guys need to trust me on this: you need one!

Cutting the big stuff with the 390 is awesome. Soooo smooth in the cut. Right now I've got a 24" and an 8 pin on mine, and it blazes through big hardwood. The chips will sting your leg they are coming out so fast and hard. I have been noodling some big (30" pecan), which is very very hard stuff, and it is amazing watching the noodles pile up under the saw.

A red one would look very handsome!:cheers:

i would love to get one but realistically do i need it between my 2171 and 066, not really. i was always waiting for jred to make a saw to compete with the 066, will the 2188?????i guess only time will tell
The 2186 will compete with the 066 so the 2188 should also.

The 2186

How do you like it for that purpose? What do you mill? A few more cc's wouldn't hurt though right?

Enjoy milling with it,,,it suprised me how ballanced it is with the Alaskan...First time I milled after running about 10 tanks tru it was a sycamore,,and all red oak now...

Posted some pics last fall and here is some of the 2186 in action...Hope you enjoy.... 11 inch wide x 1 inch thick red oak..

attachment.php

attachment.php

Enjoy milling with it,,,it suprised me how ballanced it is with the Alaskan...First time I milled after running about 10 tanks tru it was a sycamore,,and all red oak now...

Posted some pics last fall and here is some of the 2186 in action...Hope you enjoy.... 11 inch wide x 1 inch thick red oak..

attachment.php

attachment.php

That looks like fun. If you aren't having any problems with oak, I am sure I won't have any problems with maple or ash. :)

Sent an email to Tilton regarding a new 2188 saw. They said "We have no information regarding a model 2188 at this time."

Don't worry about that. Tilton does not and will not talk about new models until they are actually here and ready for market. They don't want to be pestered with endless questions, which I understand. I know it's nice to try and seek out some confirmation, but it's best to just be patient.

I first heard about the 2153 by seeing it in a trade book. I called them up to ask "when?', and nobody there new anything about it. Went up the chain of command and was told, "They weren't supposed to put that in yet, but yeah it's coming"

I'm here! I just picked up another 2171, so I figured this would happen, but it sounds like I will have some time to save for one.

Sweet, another 2171 to the stable is nice as well. I just spent the past 1.5 hours discussing this with my fiancee. She didn't seem nearly as excited as I was. She still seems reluctant about the wedding gift idea. I still have nine 8 months to convince her. :)

Sweet, another 2171 to the stable is nice as well. I just spent the past 1.5 hours discussing this with my fiancee. She didn't seem nearly as excited as I was. She still seems reluctant about the wedding gift idea. I still have nine 8 months to convince her. :)

Maybe you can arrange to have one appear at the bridal shower?

.....and if you're lucky the 2188 will be available by then!!!!!!!!!!

If I win the lottery, I'll buy you one as a wedding present.

Maybe you can arrange to have one appear at the bridal shower?

LOL!! Hey Spike, do you have a gift registry at your shop? If I could register for chainsaws and beer, I would be set for life.

.....and if you're lucky the 2188 will be available by then!!!!!!!!!!

If I win the lottery, I'll buy you one as a wedding present.

HAHA! Thanks, if I win the lottery I will get us both one. I should start playing the powerball. :)

Back