• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Jonsered 2188

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unionvillecountryboy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Jonsered 2188 I bought from Elect a few weeks ago. Bought a 661 the same day, knowing that I only needed one. The 2188 is smoother than the Stihl idling, but I'm just a Stihl fanboy I guess. The 2188 plate says 2015 and the saw is super clean, I only burnt about half a tank comparing it with the 661 at the wood pile.

Looking for 750 plus shipping.

IMG_8425.JPG
IMG_8422.JPG
IMG_8423.JPG
IMG_8424.JPG
IMG_8392.JPG

Am I out of the ball park on price?
Price is what Joe originally listed it for

Maybe if it was a 390xp it would move quicker. Same internals only in black/red & with straight handle & different air filter..

New you can add another $150 or so.

Price is what Joe originally listed it for

Maybe if it was a 390xp it would move quicker. Same internals only in black/red & with straight handle & different air filter..

New you can add another $150 or so.

Correct on price. I wasn't trying to make money. I just bought them both the same day because I had no experience with either.
Agree on the new part, but this one is essentially new, very clean.

I didn't do any timed cookie cuts, but it's not like a 661 vs a 461. Same bar all stock, they were closer than I thought. Stihl was definitely faster, but was also chunkier.
For some reason the 2188/390 bar limit according to the manufacturers is 28", though plenty of folks have run larger.

Latest posts

Back