jonsered 46 sp help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrikirkby

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Firstly hello and what a great forum i have stumbled across.
I have a jonsered 46sp saw which has been working fine up until recently. It seems to start ok and then it will stall and wont start again. I replaced the points with a solid state system (lack of spark) which a purchased from a local saw shop and it seemed to be ok but has now started playing up again. I have checked my wiring and all is well. Before i pull it to bits completley is there any obvious things i should look for and any way to test the coil ?

It does make a hissing noise when its been running and i am not sure if the fuel tank should have a breather of some sort which maybe blocked ?

Any advice or help will be greatfully received, I will get this thing running properly if its the last thing i do as its a good little saw and i have had it ages !

Perhaps

You mean 49SP

They have a well known coil eating habit.

If your coil is intermittent the best way to test is to use an inline spark tester.

I'll see if I have one here at home and post a picture of it.

It is simply a neon bulb inductively coupled spliced into a piece of sparkplug wire so you can see if the spark cuts out while the unit is running.

Back