• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy jonsered 630 rebuild for dad

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning guys. I am in my garage looking at my parts and i notice a very fine crack on the intake block on the outside of the bolt hole. Anyone have one for the 630. Being that i am not 100% on my jug do you think deleting the base gasket would be wise on this saw.? I will check squish either way but what ya think.
I put a 272xp piston and cylinder on a 625. Without the base gasket I had .030" squish so I left it out. But mine only has a couple tanks of gas on it so I don't know about long term dependability.
I got an intake block for a 272xp off eBay for mine.

Is the 272xp a open port jug? I also have a good 625 jug and slug with some of the intake. I decided against the open Port 625 jug because im told they are not quite as snotty as the 630 i remember. Also I am not so well informed on the conversion to husky jugs so bare with me please. Is the 272xp intake the same as a oem 630 mahle jug. I just found out the aftermarket kits use a different intake block then oem and dont swap. I might be able to use mine look at the right hand carb bolt hole on the inside. I think if i use seal all on the bolt putting the carb on it shouldn't leak. I really value the experience you all have. I really want to do this rebuild as best i can with reasonable cost in mind. To date i am re using the 630 jug and slug. Bought a new forester wrist pin bearing. New caber ring. New crank seals with crank bearings, i got it with bearings just incase i had to do them. I am going to just order a complete gasket set if i need to keep the base gasket and for sure getting one if i have to split the case. So what am i forgetting guys? That i have not thought of i still have to swap all of the 630 parts to the 625 case i have.

Is the 272xp a open port jug? I also have a good 625 jug and slug with some of the intake. I decided against the open Port 625 jug because im told they are not quite as snotty as the 630 i remember. Also I am not so well informed on the conversion to husky jugs so bare with me please. Is the 272xp intake the same as a oem 630 mahle jug. I just found out the aftermarket kits use a different intake block then oem and dont swap. I might be able to use mine look at the right hand carb bolt hole on the inside. I think if i use seal all on the bolt putting the carb on it shouldn't leak. I really value the experience you all have. I really want to do this rebuild as best i can with reasonable cost in mind. To date i am re using the 630 jug and slug. Bought a new forester wrist pin bearing. New caber ring. New crank seals with crank bearings, i got it with bearings just incase i had to do them. I am going to just order a complete gasket set if i need to keep the base gasket and for sure getting one if i have to split the case. So what am i forgetting guys? That i have not thought of i still have to swap all of the 630 parts to the 625 case i have.
272xp is closed port.
If your bolt is tight enough and it's not cracked on the inside, I'd say it'll still work. If you use a sealant on the gasket, stay away from the impulse port in the top left of the block. And when you line up the gasket with the carb, make sure the impulse holes lines match. I had to make the impulse hole in the gasket slightly larger to get it to match up.

I know this is a old thread butvdoes anyonevwantva beautiful oem 625 jug and oem slug wigh good ring with .010 end gap with the intake. I also am looking for a oem or better then forester. The one i have has 3 less rollers and are narrower. Trade or cash call 2486329739

Latest posts

Back