Jonsered 630 Super Problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodgeman19

Reaction score
I bought my third saw today, a Jonsered 630 super, for $80 from a somewhat local guy, did I get screwed? It needs a choke pull, the factory one broke off, but that's a simple fix. The actual problem is that no matter how hard I yank, the pull chord gets caught every third or fourth pull and will only come out about 6-8 inches, what could be causing this? I also can't seem to get it to stay running after I get done fighting with it, is this a carb issue?

Thanks,
-Hodgeman19

I bought my third saw today, a Jonsered 630 super, for $80 from a somewhat local guy, did I get screwed? It needs a choke pull, the factory one broke off, but that's a simple fix. The actual problem is that no matter how hard I yank, the pull chord gets caught every third or fourth pull and will only come out about 6-8 inches, what could be causing this? I also can't seem to get it to stay running after I get done fighting with it, is this a carb issue?

Thanks,
-Hodgeman19
I've found that sorta sticky rope problem is typically caused by a cracked recoil pulley. After xyz amount of pulls it'll spread far enough for the rope to double up on itself and bind up the pulley.

Back