Jonsered 670 won't Start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaetoune

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just got that saw. I re-did the carb and tried to start it but no luck. I was wondering what is the setting for hi and lo screw?

When I crank it seem to have a little fuel accumulation in the carb intake is it normal? I got spark on the spark plug so what next?

Thank you

Cheers Gaetoune

Did you re connect the impulse line from the cylinder to carb? if not that would cause it to not want to start. I can take a picture of the line I'm talking about if you need it.

starting adjustments for the carb are 1 turn out from lightly seated on both H and L needles. I have a 670 Champ model, so any assistance that you need I would be happy to provide, along with pictures if you need them.

Yes I did reconnect the impulse line, I'll try to look at it tonight.

Thanks I'll let you know if i find anything.

Gaetoune

if it is unknown to you or was not running pull a pressure check may have leaky seals/gaskets. It is hopeless with out repairing them:bowdown: :yoyo:

Thanks guys, I played with it last night and compare it with my other one, my compression is really low, I guess it need rings... maybe a piston. That would cause it not to start???.

Saw Troll thanks for the link it help a lot.

Cheers Gaetoune

Rings arent too hard to do. when I reringed my saw, it ran much much better.

Tell me, did your saw perhaps have an erratic idle no matter how much you played with the screws when it did run? mine did that at one time because of 75 pounds of compression. I kid you not, it ran on 75psi. how I'll never know but it did.

gaetoune said:
Thanks guys, I played with it last night and compare it with my other one, my compression is really low, I guess it need rings... maybe a piston. That would cause it not to start???.

Saw Troll thanks for the link it help a lot.

Cheers Gaetoune
then pull a compression test 150 and above real good 125-150 should run but is getting tiered 125 and under =rebuild:yoyo: :biggrinbounce2:

jonsered 670 wont start

So if a 625 has 80 lbs comp it need a rebuild? like a piston ,rings etc? thanks guy's

80 lbs

bbqmannn said:
So if a 625 has 80 lbs comp it need a rebuild? like a piston ,rings etc? thanks guy's
You would be lucky if the jug piston is salvagable at 80 could be other serious damage:angry: :pumpkin2:

jonsered 670 wont start

Thanks hi octane and hav i guess i will give it away with out the bar... too much to spend i can prolly get a HD dolmar at the rental fer couple a benjamins , is 350 plus tax good for a 04 026 at nationsrent? or 300.00 for a 353 02 model? Or i can trade it to someone here for a ? thank you again guy's i stay in the back and read post and learn all about diffrent aspects of wood and life here ... i commend the site ... eventho a few dont get along but even siblings have rivalries....

Just send the saw on over to me. I could always use a red and black companion for my 670.

bbqmannn said:
Thanks hi octane and hav i guess i will give it away with out the bar... too much to spend i can prolly get a HD dolmar at the rental fer couple a benjamins , is 350 plus tax good for a 04 026 at nationsrent? or 300.00 for a 353 02 model? Or i can trade it to someone here for a ? thank you again guy's i stay in the back and read post and learn all about diffrent aspects of wood and life here ... i commend the site ... eventho a few dont get along but even siblings have rivalries....
i too might be interested you should be able to repit cheaply thought:yoyo: :buttkick: :rock:

Yeah guys, i put it apart last night... the ring is shut. The cylinder had some deposit but after honing it for a couple seconds it is not bad at all. I'll put new ring it should be allright. For the cylinder it's not bad, i don'see any sign of aluminum... the shop manual says if any sign of alum replace the cylinder so it should be good.

For the erratic idle Lawn Masters, I don't know i got the saw like that ( wasn't running), but my echo 302 I cannot adjust the idle, it's hard. Everytime i adjust it the next day it's all wrong again. I guess i should re-ring it???

Thanks guys.

Cheers Gaetoune:givebeer:

bbqmannn said:

I would bet it just needs rings, but you'd have to take it apart and see. Usually a cylinder can be salvaged. Piston and rings for that saw is pretty cheap if you're doing your own work.

Most saws will run with 80psi but they'll cut die in the cut. Except old saws lots of those run on much lower compression. On a jonsy like yours I'd like to see 115psi+

jonsered 670 wont start ...

Thank you Retro i dont know what i will do with it .. maybe send it to you prepaid and you can use it for parts? lolololo im looking at a Husky 340/345 as i do not cut maybe at times 1-2 cords a year ... that is terrible compared to some guy's er ladies out in the forum... but with a compressed L1 i cannot do the things i used to , my mind say's yes my body tells me your crazy hahahahaah,,,Anyone have a 340/345 that they wanna share there thoughts about? maybe port it open muffler etc....

That is an EZ. Very nice.

bbqmann, I have a brand new efco 940 you might like.

Latest posts

Back