Jonsered 910E

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kstill361

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ive done some searches but cant find what its worth. Does anybody have an idea of the going rate for these in good condition?My grandpa has one and asked me if i wanted to buy it, to shoot him an offer. Its got a 36" bar and chain.

I dont have pics and wont be back down there for awhile. He did say it was rebuilt and they put on new cylinder on it about 5 years ago and has sat most of the time since then. I havent checked the comp. yet either.He just showed it to me when I was there yesterday.

It was one of the last really true Jonsereds (1979 - along with the 510 and 410), without any Husky or Partner influence, and was pretty soon replaced with the Partner/Husky inspired 920 (1982).

Last edited:
If its in good shape its worth a couple hundred bucks. Offer him $200 and you get a nice big saw for a good price.

I paid $175 for my 920, and it runs very good, but it ain't pretty...

Yes last of the original Jonsereds ,came out in 1979.I bought a new one in 1980 ,used it for a year on the job . Excellent weight/power ratio, one of the best. They made them a little too light though. The rear handle mounts were terribly weak, always breaking , top handle had poor mounting too.

I'd pay $300 for one today if it was in real nice shape, just to have as a collectable.

Those are a couple of the problems that made them less desirable than the 920s and 930s.....but they did run better....or at least you don't need a calender to time acceleration like on the 920s and 30s

Those are a couple of the problems that made them less desirable than the 920s and 930s.....but they did run better....or at least you don't need a calender to time acceleration like on the 920s and 30s

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :ices_rofl:

:popcorn: :popcorn: (.....waiting for comments from Huskyman and Spike)

Last edited:
Runs every much like a Mercedes 300D

Dang it.......now I am thinking about supercharging the 920.......it is already set up for it....low compression and retarded timing

Yeah but once it gets there you wont bog it down, mine pulled my 32" bar through box elder just fine this past weekend. I think the 920's and 930's fixed most of the handle issues with the different handle design. The chainbrake on my 920 is a joke though, dont know if the 930 one is better.

PES+ are you sure?

I have a 910 and a 930, but to get a working brake on the 910 I had to find a clutch cover from a 920. The 920 brake band is rather thin (narrow) and make two wraps (720°) around the clutch drum (side by side), the brake band for the 930 is wider and wraps about 320° around the clutch drum. The clutch covers on the 910/920 are different due to the way the handle is fastened to the side of the saw.

At least that's the way mine are.

Mark

I agree I had a 920 and it didn't have the hyper powerband the 910 had. All the saws I've owned I bought them brand new, so I knew what to expect from them. The 910 was a beautiful streamlined saw for felling,limbing and topping in any size of wood. The 910 was even popular on the west coast in the big old growth cedar and fir when it first came out.

With the oil and gas tanks together at the rear of the saw,the 910 was beautifully balanced with a long bar when the tanks were full to half full. Jonsereds put some serious thought into this.
I believe its power/weight ratio was even better then my old 1986 Stihl 064.I remember on a hot summer day opening the gas cap on the 910 and saw the gas was boiling inside the tank. Saw never vapor locked and always ran fine.Besides the weak handle mounts it was one of my favorite saws.

Willard:clap:

Last edited:
920 and 930 also have the oil and gas in the rear of the saw. I worked mine pretty good yesterday and didnt have any hot fuel problems. I didnt use it for limbing very much though lol

920 and 930 also have the oil and gas in the rear of the saw. I worked mine pretty good yesterday and didnt have any hot fuel problems. I didnt use it for limbing very much though lol

I used my in the Black Hills in the middle of July(over 100 degrees) and it never missed a beat. Of course, I made sure the cold weather plug was in so it cooled better.

I got hotter than that saw did.:D

I heard that the rear handles were reinforced later on in the series. I have a new set here and it is hard to tell. I have to wait until summer to get my 910.:cry: It sounds like I will like its performance more than the 920.

But all the 930 clutch cover casting cracked and broke out....so....most of the surviving 930s up here ended up with 920 clutch covers

The 910 used conventional rings, the 920 and 930 used thin rings. They would gum up fairly easy. The 910 also used a different ignition system.
Both these 920 and 930's were fine saws, but I would rather have the 910.
Just my 2 cents. Bob

Back