Jonsered 920 air filter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbohnet

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I know there are a few on this site that are looking for an alternate air filter arrangement for these saws and thought I would share what I have done. After 4 weeks of trying to find a filter, I decided to fabricate my own mount and put a $6 Napa filter on it. Was originally going to get a K&N filter but it would cost almost what I paid for the saw. Attached are a few pics.

Secondly I would like to thank all you experts who share your knowledge on this site. I knew almost nothing about the workings of a chainsaw when I purchased this saw that was't running. After much searching and reading posts on AS, I was able to get this baby running like new. I'm now looking for another project.

Lastly I have included a pic of a dented muffler for this saw. Can anyone give me an opinion if this will restrict flow through the muffler? If so, is it worth doing a muffler mod if I need to take it apart to fix the dent? There seems to be mixed opinions whether muffler mods are worth doing on the 920's. Thanks.

View attachment 162963

View attachment 162964

View attachment 162965

View attachment 162966

Your new filter arrangement looks quite creative- I hope it works well for you.

As far as the dent goes, it won't be an issue. Modifying the muffler on a 920? Well...run it stock first for a time and see how you like the performance as is.

Your new filter arrangement looks quite creative- I hope it works well for you.

As far as the dent goes, it won't be an issue. Modifying the muffler on a 920? Well...run it stock first for a time and see how you like the performance as is.

The chain brake looks "creative" too. ;)

What do you have attached to the stock intake?

Made filter mount out of thin wall 1.5"x2" rectangular tubing, top edge cut at same angle as cover. The bottom edge is ground slightly to fit in groves of stock mount. Welded a 2" washer to top and drilled center out to 1.25". Inside there is a tab welded with a hole to accept stock intake bolt which secures new mount to stock mount. Also a long machine screw tacked onto same tab which secures filter. Hope this makes sense. Will attempt to attach another pic.

Latest posts

Back