Jonsered 920 parts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chev727

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I got offered cash and a jonsered 920, and an older jonsered that I don't know the model for my ms250, is there anywhere to buy new parts like bearings, seals, cylinders, etc?

Attachments

• image2-2.jpeg
    image2-2.jpeg
    23.4 KB · Views: 32
  • image1-2.jpeg
    image1-2.jpeg
    24.7 KB · Views: 31
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    22.5 KB · Views: 30
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    25.6 KB · Views: 29
Wow, if you can get those running you have really scored big here. Other saw is a 621. Both well built and good runners.

Bearings and seals should be easy. Most other stuff extremely hard to come by. Especially cylinders. I think we want to see if those cylinders can be cleaned up. There are some aftermarket piston options out there. Gotta tear into 'em and see what you are going to need. I'd check spark before going too far.

Let me know what you find and I'll help if i can.

Wow, if you can get those running you have really scored big here. Other saw is a 621. Both well built and good runners.

Bearings and seals should be easy. Most other stuff extremely hard to come by. Especially cylinders. I think we want to see if those cylinders can be cleaned up. There are some aftermarket piston options out there. Gotta tear into 'em and see what you are going to need. I'd check spark before going too far.

Let me know what you find and I'll help if i can.

I'll check for spark and the compression then tear them down when I get them, the guy won't be back in town till next Tuesday to finish the deal

Some parts are hard to come by. Check the brake band, also the small tear handle AV pieces.
I'd definitely do that deal. Put it this way, MS250's are a dime a dozen. Chances are, you could get ahold of another one pretty easily. 920's are a big powerful saw, not that common. If the top end is good and it has spark, you could make out really well.

Don't know much about the silverback though, sorry.

Some parts are hard to come by. Check the brake band, also the small tear handle AV pieces.
I'd definitely do that deal. Put it this way, MS250's are a dime a dozen. Chances are, you could get ahold of another one pretty easily. 920's are a big powerful saw, not that common. If the top end is good and it has spark, you could make out really well.

Don't know much about the silverback though, sorry.

Will check those parts for sure, I got the ms250 to repair and sell anyway, prefer my 445 over it for a small saw, I'm thinking of an 18-20" bar for the 920 if it ends up being a runner, does that sound alright? No hardwood around me just all softwood

Will check those parts for sure, I got the ms250 to repair and sell anyway, prefer my 445 over it for a small saw, I'm thinking of an 18-20" bar for the 920 if it ends up being a runner, does that sound alright? No hardwood around me just all softwood
920 is an 88cc saw. I had one with a 32" bar set up for milling before I sold it. 18-20 would work but it'd be a real heavy saw for that bar length IMO.
Also, the bar mount is not a standard D009. New bars available I think are limited to 24" but I also believe D009 bars can be modified to work.

920 is a D024 mount bar, 10mm studs. D009 is 9.5mm so you can file the slot on the bar a little or the shoulder of the bar studs and use husky large mount bars. Just make sure the oil holes still line up.

Thanks for the info, I don't mind going with a 24" just a little longer than I really need, now just have to wait till Tuesday and dig into it

the 920 will power the 24" bar really well, they are good saws, but they are heavy.. Just finished doing up a 920 super for a friend and he's glad to have his old workhorse back.

920 is an 88cc saw. I had one with a 32" bar set up for milling before I sold it. 18-20 would work but it'd be a real heavy saw for that bar length IMO.
Also, the bar mount is not a standard D009. New bars available I think are limited to 24" but I also believe D009 bars can be modified to work.

920 is a D024 mount bar, 10mm studs. D009 is 9.5mm so you can file the slot on the bar a little or the shoulder of the bar studs and use husky large mount bars. Just make sure the oil holes still line up.

You can also replace the studs with 9.5's, available at auto parts store. What you won't find are air filters.

The 930 had the carb cover mounts outboard, where the 920 has one centered over the carb. Meaning the 930 could be easily retrofitted with a cone filter, not so the 920. I have a couple of 920's here, and sluethed a way to make it happen, just have not implemented it. If you look there are tapped holes outboard of the carb in the crankcase, you could put studs in there that could reach through the cover to cinch it down. A good saw shop would have a box of velocity stacks, to pick from to make fit and add the cone filter to.

I will have to look into modifying it for a different air filter

I just tested compression on the 621 twice and it read 205 psi

That's normal for a 621. Jonnys from that era had domed pistons in them. 150 is a little low on the 920.

930 air filters are also NLA. But they were the same filters used on the Jonny 625/630/670 so there's a better chance of finding them NOS or used. Can't really swap filters without also swapping top covers. The 930 filter holder is also NLA. A Husky 288 filter holder should fit except it can't be bolted to the case without tapping a different hole for the screw.

That's normal for a 621. Jonnys from that era had domed pistons in them. 150 is a little low on the 920.

930 air filters are also NLA. But they were the same filters used on the Jonny 625/630/670 so there's a better chance of finding them NOS or used. Can't really swap filters without also swapping top covers. The 930 filter holder is also NLA. A Husky 288 filter holder should fit except it can't be bolted to the case without tapping a different hole for the screw.

Think I'll try the 288 filter holder and see when I can get one, I'd like a big filter setup like your pic though

I've had that theory for a while, but I haven't tried it yet I think my language should have been more along the lines of "can be made to work" instead of it fits. :guitar:

I've got an 820 I'm messing with and I''ll take a closer look at this. Would be a good option for guys with 820/920's.

I've had that theory for a while, but I haven't tried it yet I think my language should have been more along the lines of "can be made to work" instead of it fits. :guitar:

I've got an 820 I'm messing with and I''ll take a closer look at this. Would be a good option for guys with 820/920's.

I agree, if it comes down to it I may even make a template for a mount and have it machined out and weld a pipe to it and fit a filter like a miniature cold air intake of sorts

Latest posts

Back