• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Jonsered 920

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gspbrct

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I’m considering selling my running 920. Not really sure how much to ask. I know they are kind of a rare find & parts are hard to come by. Can anyone give me a ballpark figure? It’s in decent condition, runs & cuts great. I have a 32” Husqvarna bar that I machined to fit the 10mm bar studs and a near brand new chain to go with the saw.
Thanks in advance for your input.

Good morning sir.
I would guess anywhere from 100-450, without pictures it's very hard to make an assessment. Pictures of the piston/compression numbers are also helpful as well as a video.
Your correct these saws/parts are somewhat rare, but so are those looking for them so the demand isn't real high from what I've seen.
Hope this helps Brett.

Good morning sir.
I would guess anywhere from 100-450, without pictures it's very hard to make an assessment. Pictures of the piston/compression numbers are also helpful as well as a video.
Your correct these saws/parts are somewhat rare, but so are those looking for them so the demand isn't real high from what I've seen.
Hope this helps Brett.
Brett knows a thing or two about saws! Good advice!

Brett knows a thing or two about saws, but very little in the grand scheme of all things saws, it's amazing the knowledge others have on this site.
Very true!!! there is a reason that when you enter just about any chainsaw related question into a search engine it brings you to AS. Many many knowledgeable people who are willing to help each other.

Very true!!! there is a reason that when you enter just about any chainsaw related question into a search engine it brings you to AS. Many many knowledgeable people who are willing to help each other.
That's what brought me here many times. Then I decided I should help others when I could and joined. I shouldn't have waited, it's like a person getting themselves together so they can go to church, it just doesn't make much sense lol. I believe if we are willing everyone has something we can learn from them, even if it's what not to do :laugh:.

e6f48ce6a9001f5c63600ad1b5320eb0.jpg

This is the saw in question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post a pic of the brake band, it's definitely the most difficult part to source for those saws. Check the air filter too, those are tough-ish to come by. Also thoroughly inspect the rubber mounts for cracks & separation between the rubber & metal. Good machines for their age.

Brake band is intact and functional, as is air filter. Rubber mounts are all good, 2 of them replaced last spring. Maybe 3 hours of run time on the new rubbers.

Well OP, you asked. About a year or so ago I sold a very good 920 with the upgraded 930 top cover and air filter setup on it. It also had custom 9mm bar studs on it.

It took me quite a long time to sell it and I think I ended up getting like $300-$350 for it with a 28" bar and chain.

You can also look at completed auctions on ebay if any sold to get a price idea for it.

Also, did you modify that bar to fit or were Husqvarna-branded bars made for the Jonsereds mount. Large Husky is 9.5mm and Jonsereds is 10mm IIRC.

I modified the bar. I also have a 32”. I put them on a Bridgeport and used a carbide burr to open the slot to 10mm. My Bro gave me the bars way cheaper than buying one that fits.

Also, if anyone's wondering what the upgraded 930 top cover Mark mentioned is about, it's that it allows you to use the air filter from a 266xp, 288xp, 630, 670, etc. etc. etc., which is easy to find new, as opposed to the 910/820/920 filters, which can be tough to find used.

Also, if anyone's wondering what the upgraded 930 top cover Mark mentioned is about, it's that it allows you to use the air filter from a 266xp, 288xp, 630, 670, etc. etc. etc., which is easy to find new, as opposed to the 910/820/920 filters, which can be tough to find used.

Yes, I’m aware of the 930 swap. I put a little time in a couple years ago trying to find the necessary parts. But I was unsuccessful.

Back