Jonsered 930 carb alternative?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SawBawss

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
A guy brought me his jonsered 930 and said it would idle, but would bog out in the cut. He put a carb kit in it and that didn't change anything. I checked it out and it is flooding the cylinder. I got it to run for about 30 seconds, but it won't stay running. I took the carb apart and it has a lot of play in the throttle shaft and when you spray wd-40 through the low side jet port it comes out around the throttle shaft opposite of the linkage. I checked spark and compression and it has strong spark and 155 psi compression. I'm convinced it needs a new carb, but I can't locate one. It has a Tillotson HS219A. Is there an alternative carb that I could use in its place? Like a Walbro maybe?

Looking at both in hand- would it be easier to find an HS 216 off of a Husqvarna 181SE and swap the carb top covers to allow for the external impulse tube of the 930 versus the through the manifold block impulse of the 181SE?
There will be some other small issues to overcome in the respect of choke rod connection, throttle rod connection and lack of fast idle position (allowed for by the trigger lock on the 181)- but it might be enough to get the saw to run.

Having just been through the issue in reverse of trying to find a good HS 216 for a 181SE and having a good HS 219 on hand- it looked doable for the Jonsered carb to run the Husqvarna- would it be possible to do in reverse, allowing for the fact the 181 carb might be more easily found over there?

Looking at both in hand- would it be easier to find an HS 216 off of a Husqvarna 181SE and swap the carb top covers to allow for the external impulse tube of the 930 versus the through the manifold block impulse of the 181SE?
There will be some other small issues to overcome in the respect of choke rod connection, throttle rod connection and lack of fast idle position (allowed for by the trigger lock on the 181)- but it might be enough to get the saw to run.

Having just been through the issue in reverse of trying to find a good HS 216 for a 181SE and having a good HS 219 on hand- it looked doable for the Jonsered carb to run the Husqvarna- would it be possible to do in reverse, allowing for the fact the 181 carb might be more easily found over there?
Thats a thought for sure. I dont have a HS216 or I would give it a try.

Back