Jonsered CS 2166

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen the crank bearing cage come out and bearings still feel nice and smooth till all the balls gather on one side. It’s possible you just hung a ring on the transfer port but typically if your going to hang a ring it’s early in the life of the saw and normally on intake or exhaust not a transfer... typically. Only other option I can think of is the saw ate some thing.
that’s more damage than I’ve ever seen with carbon scoring.

Once I clean everything up, what do you guys recommend for replacement, should I go bigger, should I go with stock parts or aftermarket ?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Once I clean everything up, what do you guys recommend for replacement, should I go bigger, should I go with stock parts or aftermarket ?

Recommend you first discover and account for what went wrong first and then worry about what to use to fix it.
If it is a big end bearing failure, you are out piston, rings, cylinder, crank, bearings and seals- not much left after that and well into the price of a good running secondhand saw.
You can think about bigger, make it a 2172 if you so wish. Depends on what you want to spend and where your morals lay when it comes to OEM or Aftermarket. It is the old story with major mechanical parts, OEM best, known good quality AM next and low priced Knockoff parts last.

I’d rebuild it myself but I’m a huge jonsered fan. Oem parts can be had but I’ve had no trouble with the hyway or metor parts

I had a 372xp that ate a big end rod bearing that looked just like that damage. That saw will need a crank, complete top end and there maybe damaged to the crankcase also.
I will try to take pics tonight after work of the crank and crank casing

Back