• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Jonsered CS2153 RUSTY

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justin my offer stands for pho shipped. May not be new but I am pretty sure it will start. Russ

Thank you.

Sorry for stirring the pot, just a little grouchy.

I know my prices are high, and I expected some offers, since I like to haggle prices.

I expected some negative comments, I shouldn't get so out of shape. Sorry everyone.

I'm a member a very large firearms oriented web community that has an exchange that is many, many times larger than this chainsaw 'tradin post". The policy on that site is that you do not "stomp" on another person's ad. If you do, you are either timed out or banned. It's just a scummy, low class, punk thing to do. Anyone can ask anything they want for a saw. If you don't like it, don't buy it, but why not have enough class to keep your thoughts to yourself.

There is a sticky at the top of the Tradin Post by a moderator telling people to knock off the **** chat in the for sale ads - only post if you have a serious question or serious interest in the item.

I'm a member a very large firearms oriented web community that has an exchange that is many, many times larger than this chainsaw 'tradin post". The policy on that site is that you do not "stomp" on another person's ad. If you do, you are either timed out or banned. It's just a scummy, low class, punk thing to do. Anyone can ask anything they want for a saw. If you don't like it, don't buy it, but why not have enough class to keep your thoughts to yourself.

There is a sticky at the top of the Tradin Post by a moderator telling people to knock off the **** chat in the for sale ads - only post if you have a serious question or serious interest in the item.
So did you buy the saw Teddi??? Russ

If you have ever had a Jonsered you would know the black paint on the handlebar will come off from just looking at it. The muffler could be painted... I guess 2153's are worthless, I'll keep it for a door stop.
I have had the paint come off after I taped on a tach using electrical tape.:dizzy: Its crazy that they didnt solve that problem.

That's a fantastic price Justin. I wouldnt come off it at all. And I wouldnt include shipping. $520 is completely reasonable for a saw as legendary as the 2153/346 and in that condition. If it was mine, it wouldnt be sold for anywhere near that number. Brad listed his in the $800-850 range at some point (Im running between multiple sites and cant keep up with everyones post.) Anyways.... potential buyers feast on this.... the 346/2153 has the potential once ported to best either Husq or Stihls current offerings. Buyers should buy while they still can....

If you have ever had a Jonsered you would know the black paint on the handlebar will come off from just looking at it. The muffler could be painted... I guess 2153's are worthless, I'll keep it for a door stop.

Ill stand behind that..the paint chipped like a SOB on mine in no time flat..my 2172 did the same thing.

Like I said I'm sorry for stirring the pot, usually I'm not so thin skinned, but I'm down with a sinus infection this week.. Let's keep it fun I usually don't mind a little "high price" feed back.. If it's nice (it was) then I don't mind it much

To me, it's worth paying a little extra for the peace of mind that comes from buying from an active member who "gives a damn" about his reputation. When in a buying mood, I buy according to who is selling what and go from there. I dont let the "saw" cloud my judgement on the "member/lister".

That's a fantastic price Justin. I wouldnt come off it at all. And I wouldnt include shipping. $520 is completely reasonable for a saw as legendary as the 2153/346 and in that condition. If it was mine, it wouldnt be sold for anywhere near that number. Brad listed his in the $800-850 range at some point (Im running between multiple sites and cant keep up with everyones post.) Anyways.... potential buyers feast on this.... the 346/2153 has the potential once ported to best either Husq or Stihls current offerings. Buyers should buy while they still can....

I hope to change the 346/2153 coming out on top after port work. I just need some time:popcorn:

Let me also post, I will check to make sure it is a OEM cylinder, I'll check piston view through exhaust port, and I'll check compression.... I always do before I sell a saw. I'm sorry that I haven't done it yet, and sorry that I don't say these things in my original post. I have never had one complaint from anyone on this site, that buys my saws.
Nothing wrong with the compression. The muffler has not been painted. The muffler started out as a non cat and I added a port on the front with a stainless steel screen. I also added a longer bumper spike with chain catcher to keep the saw from falling over. I believe the original spike was in the shipping box. Nothing else has been done to it. It has not been used a lot. I use synthetic oil mixed with AVgas @ 32 to 1.

There is a good looking ms260, and 026 on Trading post someone should buy, both ported. I would trade if I wasn't trying to reduce saw numbers.

Latest posts

Back