Jonsered saws near me.. should i get em?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

copenmogan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
This guy's got 2 jonsered saws, ones a 2166 others a 2165
i dotn know a whole lot about the saws other than they are not common and they have power. Guys asking 750 for the 2165. What do you guys think?image000000.jpegimage000000(1).jpeg

If you want/like the Husqvarna 365 and the 365XT, if you feel the price is reasonable- go get them.
For all intending purposes- the 2165 is a standard carb 365 and the 2166 is the same as the 365XT.
There are small cosmetic differences and some chain brake parts do not interchange with Husqvarnas- but that is about it.

If you want/like the Husqvarna 365 and the 365XT, if you feel the price is reasonable- go get them.
For all intending purposes- the 2165 is a standard carb 365 and the 2166 is the same as the 365XT.
There are small cosmetic differences and some chain brake parts do not interchange with Husqvarnas- but that is about it.
I just picked up good running used a j-red 2166 for $200 anything I should look for ? I’ve never ran one of these red beasts but from all I’ve read i did pretty good for the dough in to it. Any one know a good saw shop in western MT that would hop it up ?

I just picked up good running used a j-red 2166 for $200 anything I should look for ? I’ve never ran one of these red beasts but from all I’ve read i did pretty good for the dough in to it. Any one know a good saw shop in western MT that would hop it up ?

I have no idea what the going rate is for saws where you live- so I do not know if the deal is good or great, sorry.
2166 is a 365 in red and black- but the last of the 365's with the XT type intakes and can be made into a 2172 via a tonsilectomy.
Watch for the usuals I guess that you might in any secondhand saw.

Latest posts

Back