Jonsered version of 288XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMB

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Does anybody know if there is a Jonsered version of the Husky 288XP?

Kevin

No, there were not.

The closest were the 920 and 930, which had the same bore, stroke and displacement.

Btw Jonsereds started using that bore, stroke and 87 cc displacement long before Husky......;)

The model 90 and 910 were "pure" Jonsereds, and the 920 and 930 were "E-lux" Jonsered, with design influence from Partner and possibly Husky.

Last edited:
SawTroll said:
No, there were not.

The closest were the 920 and 930, which had the same bore, stroke and displacement.

Btw Jonsereds started using that bore, stroke and 87 cc displacement long before Husky......;)

If there was anyone that knew the answer, it would have had to be you, thank ya. :)
Here's another question about the 288XP's. In looking at pictures of the 288's, I've noticed that some of them have a "flat" air filter cover and some have a cover that looks like a 372. What is the difference? Or is the picture with the "372 style" cover not actually a 288?

Here are 2 examples of what I'm asking about:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Husqvarna-288XP...ryZ79666QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/288-XP-HUSQVARN...ryZ79666QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And between what years were the 288's made?

You're a wealth of saw specs. :)

Kevin

i believe the higher cover is the heavy-duty cover (used with HD filter) while the flatter one being normal cover...

blis said:
i believe the higher cover is the heavy-duty cover (used with HD filter) while the flatter one being normal cover...
I believe that is right!:)

What I don't know is if that also is the sole difference between the 288xp lite and the ordinary 288xp........:confused:

So will a standard air filter and heavy-duty air filter fit on the same saw, but need the different covers? Or are the filter configurations totally different?

Kevin

with HD-cover you can use either HD or normal filter but with normal cover you can use only normal filter, both can be used on same saw AFAIK

KMB said:
So will a standard air filter and heavy-duty air filter fit on the same saw, but need the different covers? Or are the filter configurations totally different?

Kevin
Now you are past my knowledge of those saws - maybe you can find the answer in the several 288 IPLs availiable trough Huskys web-site?????

blis said:
with HD-cover you can use either HD or normal filter but with normal cover you can use only normal filter, both can be used on same saw AFAIK

Thank ya. Just trying to get some info on the saw. I like to be well informed before making a decision.

Kevin

SawTroll said:
Now you are past my knowledge of those saws - maybe you can find the answer in the several 288 IPLs availiable trough Huskys web-site?????

I'll do just that. I hadn't thought of looking there. :bang: Thanks.

Kevin

Back