Jonsered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd prefere a 16" on the 550xp/2253, just because of the balance - but each to their own!

I just got to ask. So you have borrowed or owned a 550xp or 2253 and made cuts with 16" to know how the balance of the 550 saws are?

I have owned and cut with 550 545 and part of the reason why I prefer it over the 346 saws.

I just got to ask. So you have borrowed or owned a 550xp or 2253 and made cuts with 16" to know how the balance of the 550 saws are?

.... .

No, but they feel fine with the 15" bars in the shop, so I assume they will with a 16" as well. I prefere to use larger saws when the bars get longer than 16" - but of course I don't really need to....

Now the 550 powerhead is a bit longer than the 346 one, so it likely will balance a longer bar a little better.

No, but they feel fine with the 15" bars in the shop, so I assume they will with a 16" as well. I prefere to use larger saws when the bars get longer than 16" - but of course I don't really need to....

Now the 550 powerhead is a bit longer than the 346 one, so it likely will balance a longer bar a little better.

Same old story, specs on paper or felt it in the shop..so it must be the case:chainsaw:

gg

I'd prefere a 16" on the 550xp/2253, just because of the balance - but each to their own!
OH! I just got it! ST is passive-aggressive! It all makes sense now. First a statement that says "you're wrong" and then a nice little soother after. And then when someone disagrees or calls it out the soother is re-iterated...because, well..."I wasn't being a jerk."

Anyway, the 2253 has AWESOME balance in my store wearing an 18" Total Pro bar. But to each their own. ;)

There is a wrap handle in the IPL. I think there's heated handle versions.

Gotta be careful with this. Last time I looked, the part number in the 2260 IPL was the same as for the 562 wrap. It will bolt on to the 2260, but the angles would of course all be off. Particularly the spacing between the handle and chain brake lever would be tight. I don't know if this is simply an error in the IPL, or if they expect guys to put a Husky handle on a Jonny.

Had a customer buy a 2260 a few weeks ago and set it up 20" ...He was in today and said he tried it with 24" and said it cut really good....He said he will be back on Monday for another one....

Also Its a win win having a log pile and a few demo saws sitting around.....My firewood is getting cut for me ... :) :)

Latest posts

Back