Jonsereds 111 problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cwalk

cwalk

ArboristSite Lurker
A friend gave me a 111 that's been in his basement for close to 20 years. I got the saw to run after new plug gas lines and carb kit that he already had for it . Saw starts on a couple pull and idles well but dies out has soon has it goes into a log need help any ideas ? I'm a saw tinker not a small engine mechanic by any means .

7hpjim

7hpjim

Addicted to ArboristSite
After 20 years of storage that saw will need a carb kit and fuel system tuneup @ a minimum, If it wew me and somebody threw a 111 @ me I would have checked everything and serviced the fuel system to be safe. That is one big saw, if you want to rehome it I would give it a GOOD home, welcome aboard and you get a you suck!!!

7hpjim

7hpjim

Addicted to ArboristSite
New filter as well? Open the high side jet some more. Could also be worn rings, whats the compression read?

Agreed, could be worn. you will get some spitback through the carb, thats one of the reasons I pull the muffler, to look @ the piston and to see if the rings are stuck in their grooves before I even try to start 'em.

cwalk

cwalk

ArboristSite Lurker
Yes new filter and piston looked good saw compression was 175 saw sounds good idling . Going to try adjusting the jets tomorrow my friend said he thought should be about one and a quarter turns out after seating screw I will give it s try unless someone knows something else to try

WKEND LUMBERJAK

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Addicted to ArboristSite
A friend gave me a 111 that's been in his basement for close to 20 years. I got the saw to run after new plug gas lines and carb kit that he already had for it . Saw starts on a couple pull and idles well but dies out has soon has it goes into a log need help any ideas ? I'm a saw tinker not a small engine mechanic by any means .

If a friend of mine gave me a 111 I would not have a problem. Hey post up some pictures. and by the way you suck.:msp_tongue::msp_tongue::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: