• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold JONSEREDS 521e runs great 110$+ shipping

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently picked up this saw in a package deal, (along with a nice looking Farmsaw 2 and a Tanaka 650). It runs great and has great compression. I have noticed that once in a while I pull the starter rope and it doesn't engage, maybe sticky pawls? Starts, runs and idles nicely and seems to have impressive acceleration for and older saw. Cylinder and piston look great to me. Will probably need some attention to the fuel system, and possibly a couple av mounts ( I looked and found them on the Bay) PHO, but it did come with a nice 20" bar which I could also sell. I will be adding some pics as soon as I can. David. 541 482 7739IMG_0683.jpegIMG_0685.jpegIMG_0681.jpegIMG_0682.jpegIMG_0684.jpegIMG_0686.jpegIMG_0678.jpegIMG_0679.jpegIMG_0680.jpegIMG_0675.jpeg

not sure, it seems to have a working switch but I have not run it enough for the handle to heat up. Maybe I need to run it longer and try the switch again. So, currently, I don't know

Mostly curiosity on my part, I have two of them on the shelf waiting for me to have time to work on them. I know one has a bad switch but I was lucky enough to find a NOS one.
The 3 cube all-metal Jonsereds were really nice saws, I keep a couple of 49 SPs around because they're just pleasant to run.

I’ve been starting this saw about every other day just to make sure it’s working properly. Sure it could use a carb kit or even someone who can tune a carb better than I. ( not a very high bar to jump)

Back