Jonseruds 90 Parts needed!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrhanson61

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a classic Jonsereds 90 which was running great, but the crankcase cracked near the stud bolt (tried repairing...not possible), so I bought a new crankcase.

Now that I have my saw completely disassembled, I learned that I also need to split the crankcase so I can put in a new shaft and bearings. The problem is that now I need a number of gaskets and bearings, and cannot seem to find parts anywhere. I've tried various websites that claim to have them, but they are largely useless, Jonserud dealers aren't much help either.

2 Questions:

1. Anybody have an idea where to get parts for one?
2. I don't want to buy a crankcase splitter....any ideas about how to do this without the tool?

eBay is your best bet but unfortunately you have to be patient and if/when you see an item come up that you could ever need, snag it.

chainsawr.com also could help you. If you don’t see it on their site, call them.

Parts saw is another option. And perhaps the best.

As far as splitting the case, I made a “case splitter” out of plate steel. It sort of looks like this one.
http://www.homemadetools.net/homemade-chainsaw-case-splitter-2
Keep in mind that these cases aren’t really that strong and the closer you mount anything to the tip of the bar studs, the more leverage you obtain to break something.

I’d also advise to put a piece of oak or mahogany in between the crank snout and the bolt you’re tightening.

@Cantdog can probably help with some info.

I am sure the bearing will probably be either 6202c3 or 6203c3. Both of wich are standard bearings. You can take the old bearings into a bearing house an have them match them up. Just make sure to get good quality c3 rated bearings. Seals can be done the same way. Just make sure to get a good quality double lip seal. Gaskets May have to be made. They do pop up on eBay once in a while, but that is rare.

eBay is your best bet but unfortunately you have to be patient and if/when you see an item come up that you could ever need, snag it.

chainsawr.com also could help you. If you don’t see it on their site, call them.

Parts saw is another option. And perhaps the best.

As far as splitting the case, I made a “case splitter” out of plate steel. It sort of looks like this one.
http://www.homemadetools.net/homemade-chainsaw-case-splitter-2
Keep in mind that these cases aren’t really that strong and the closer you mount anything to the tip of the bar studs, the more leverage you obtain to break something.

I’d also advise to put a piece of oak or mahogany in between the crank snout and the bolt you’re tightening.

Thanks a lot for the help!

@Cantdog can probably help with some info.

I am sure the bearing will probably be either 6202c3 or 6203c3. Both of wich are standard bearings. You can take the old bearings into a bearing house an have them match them up. Just make sure to get good quality c3 rated bearings. Seals can be done the same way. Just make sure to get a good quality double lip seal. Gaskets May have to be made. They do pop up on eBay once in a while, but that is rare.

This is good news...now I just need to find some gaskets and somebody who can safely split the case, unless I decide to make one. Thanks!

If you’re going to cut your own gasket, make sure it’s not overly thick. Try to save a piece of your old one and get as close to it as possible.

Remember, the old one is compressed a bit so add a little bit to that value when you get new material. Saw gaskets are generally pretty thin.

Latest posts

Back