Just a quick question.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Affordabletree

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have slowly been picking up business as I go. And I have been looking at my gmc c7000 that I bought and I have been wondering about building a chip body on the back or buying one. Any suggestions?

Does every town in the U.S. have a tree service called "Affordable Tree Service" or "Affordable Tree Care" ? They seem to. Back to your question, I see those old Asplundh boxes sell pretty cheap. I would put one of them on there.

Does every town in the U.S. have a tree service called "Affordable Tree Service" or "Affordable Tree Care" ? They seem to. Back to your question, I see those old Asplundh boxes sell pretty cheap. I would put one of them on there.

Yes, every US town has one as well as some parts of Texas.

I have slowly been picking up business as I go. And I have been looking at my gmc c7000 that I bought and I have been wondering about building a chip body on the back or buying one. Any suggestions?

I hear ya, I have been looking for a used chip body for our f550 for years. Never could find one that wasn't 500 miles away............. if you can find one close get it. Looks much more proffessional on the truck than a home built box

That said, we ended up building a chip box out of wood 2x6s and bolting it on to the dump bed. Built it higher than a standard metal chip box, holds about 15 yards. Painted black, didn't look too bad, the chip truck is usually always dirty anyways

The best thing is that it's tall enough to stand up in which is most important when you have to take a leak in the chips :msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:......... compared to the metal box on the bucket truck at only 5 1/2 feet or so inside height

Building one out of aluminum/steel costs way more than what you might imagine. Even modifying an existing one isn't cheap. If you can buy one that fits, get it.

Shaun

Back