Just about blew a gasket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was 17 or 18 I rented a house with only a flue connection.......no other type of heat. I found myself cutting firewood with a bow saw. I'd work my ass off to get enough wood to heat the house till the next evening when I got home from work......then I'd do it all over again. I finally got an old sand cast Poulan.......I was in hog heaven.

I never borrowed a damn thing.......
Couldn't you just modify the bow saw?

044`s are good saws for my area, really no great need for anything bigger so I like to have a few in my arsenal. Not sure they are really big enough for your type of cutting and wood. The 660 and up are better for 28" and up bars in real hard types of wood. I would still send you one out if you really wanted one. I did see you got that saw, Jon 1212 had it for a while did he not?

I use all my saws for different needs in my wood projects. The SP125 gets pulled out whether it's necessary or not. Fun saw to run. I may buy a 044 from you later in the year when I need some expenses.
Yes, Jon1212 had the 028. It's been well taken care of.

I use all my saws for different needs in my wood projects. The SP125 gets pulled out whether it's necessary or not. Fun saw to run. I may buy a 044 from you later in the year when I need some expenses.
Yes, Jon1212 had the 028. It's been well taken care of.

I also have a fair collection of 028`s as they were really popular around here, one of them is near new and resides in its own original Stihl factory case, it never sees use but the rest are just working dogs.

Latest posts

Back