Just about ready.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclejoe

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well I'm almost ready to put the new unit in service. a lot of work but well worth it. just a roof is needed andit will all be over.:clap:
DSCN2955.jpg

Will be you be using a metal roof on the shed? Those last a long time and look good....might be important to any neighbors close by.

new wood doctor

Well I'm almost ready to put the new unit in service. a lot of work but well worth it. just a roof is needed andit will all be over.:clap:
DSCN2955.jpg

I guess i would be more worried about having to shovel hot ashes out of the firebox due to the design of the wood doctor. The roof over the boiler is a must though.

leon:confused: :cheers: :chainsaw:

Last edited:
Very nice looking setup. Should be real nice with a roof and all that concrete pad to keep wood nice and dry.

DSCN2955.jpg

You'll love it. I have a Woodmaster and been using it 7 years now. I will be putting a roof over bothe my stove and roof like you. Have you considered the smoke when you open the door? I've seen enclosed models that have a big exhaust fan right above the door which looked like it would work well. I think thats what I'm going to do.

I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this but I came up with the idea while working in a distribution place. The legs can come up or go down and it will keep my wife from having to wrestle big logs in if I'm not home to do it. any ideas would be great.
DSCN2968.jpg

Do both of you a favor and cut the wood smaller

I could fit a 48 inch log into mine.. But even small limbs are a booger to load that way. I cut my wood 20 inches long and load it crossways in the firebox instead of the traditional way. Me and that conveyor system would be fighting on the first time I tried to use it.. with smoke billowing out into my face.
But to each their own I suppose.

I could fit a 48 inch log into mine.. But even small limbs are a booger to load that way. I cut my wood 20 inches long and load it crossways in the firebox instead of the traditional way. Me and that conveyor system would be fighting on the first time I tried to use it.. with smoke billowing out into my face.
But to each their own I suppose.

Man, I couldn't have said it better. I smashed my finger trying to load a piece too big as well as everyone else that I know who has a big furnace. I just cut and split like I did when I had an airtight and am a lot happier (fingers feel better also).

Nice setup. How much did the 4 pressure treat poles cost you?

Around here you can get them free from our electrical company, you just call and when the replace some telephone poles they will call you and tell you when you can pick them up. I hauled some home this spring, some were alomost 40' long the line crew loaded them with their crane on the truck.

The poles are pressure treated 85 % They are the cuts from a job at the naval base in Newport. They were used for piers. As far as the cost Goes I couldn't tell you. It's a shame how many 8 to 15 foot cuts were thrown away. I've been saving them for years with this in mind. My fingers thank you in advance.

It's always nice when you can use someone else's "garbage" in a project your working on instead of of buying new material. I always feel like I'm getting away with something.

ahh
I was wondering cause I put a deposit on an 8000 or 'medium' as they call it a couple months ago... did you have a dealer or buy direct from the factory?
since there was no dealer in my area I could buy from the factory at a 2k discount...
Also what did you use for piping between house and the WD 8000?

There is a guy that makes a crane that mounts to the side of those boilers, or bolts to the slab, don't remember which. basically it reaches down and picks up the log, lifts and pivots into the boiler and then rotates to drop the log in the fire. its all mechanical, no hydraulics or motors. pretty cheap too, considering. probably build one yourself cheap. heres a link

http://www.stoveloader.com/

What a great idea!! I wouldn't get one now, but when I get into my golden years that will come in mighty handy.

Kyle

I bought from a local dealer here in RI. I wish I could have saved a couple of G's. I used 1 inch Pex tubing from the boiler to the house and garage then switched over to 1 inch copper inside.

Latest posts

Back