Just an idea tell me what you think?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We did some work for McCormick whisky at their plant in Weston. They have a sewage lagoon that was going to get inspected by the State. We cut the brush out of the water, pulled out some trash & logs [positively no fun, whatsoever], we mowed the banks, cut all the trees off the downslope side, and put in a 900' fence around the top.

All that work was worth driving 50 miles each way for, and they were pretty nice folks to work for.

Oddly, they don't make booze of any sort anymore. It is all purchased from other distillers, and re-bottled at their plant in Weston.

That's cool. Didn't know that about the hard liquor. I've driven by it a few times, but never drove up to it. Likewise with Weston, I've driven thru the main street, but never have stopped at any of the wine shops. Anymore I only drink at home. I'm too paranoid of getting a DUI, plus lost a friend last October to drinking and driving, so that just further inforced my not drinking and driving. However at home, I like my beer, wine, and drinks:cheers:

The road to Weston is filled with apple orchards that cater to the "pick-your-own" crowd. Pretty fun places to take the kids at this time of year. They have petting zoos, hay rides, and country stores with really good locally produced food products like apple butter (they also feature all manner of old style American memorabilia freshly imported from China).

Two years ago I caught a Viceroy butterfly down in one of the trash cans at an apple orchard store, pretty close to the McCormick (non-)Distillery. I was sticking my arm and head down into a 55 gallon barrel with hundreds of hungry honey bees and yellow jackets buzzing in and out. The barrels were filled with all the sample cups from the cider tasting.

They all ignored me, including the Viceroy.

so i guess its not gonna happen

i know there is more PA guys on here just no one really seen the post o well cpl guys said they come out we will keep it open for now spread the word if you know anyone that would be interested

What a shame! Im driving through to Ct on tuesday. Might be game for later. Ive love to show off some pics and vid's seeing how most here seem to think Im a wind bag. Actions always speak louder than the words of those who've never seen me on the job. And I always love to show off my saws...:chainsawguy: You make it happen, and if I can make it ,Ill bring some brew for the cheapies!

Last edited:
I would be willing to travel anywhere in New England to meet some good tree guys. I'm from Southern Maine and drive wouldn't be to bad no matter where it was.

Back