Just Bought a Large Vintage Stihl Sign - Anyone Know Anything About These?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with vintage Stihl signs? Recently picked this one up; trying to decide whether I'm going to keep it or sell it. It's certainly vintage, nice patina, and it's quite large - 58" x 47" or so. Trying to nail down value, age (1960's?) and also curious to know more about these in general.

Thanks!

271820506_631669438124330_9206380034559330802_n.jpg

I got a 4'x3' Stihl dealer's sign from a former Stihl dealer in Colorado for $20. Vintage about 1980. Had to remove it from his building. 2-sided. Exposed side was slightly weathered. Side toward building mintish. Shows a saw from late-70's, early-80's on each side. I'm not much of a Stihl fan so don't value it too highly... not like other old signs from now-antique North American-made chainsaw dealers.

That sign you show is many years older. Nice looking sign.

I got a 4'x3' Stihl dealer's sign from a former Stihl dealer in Colorado for $20. Vintage about 1980. Had to remove it from his building. 2-sided. Exposed side was slightly weathered. Side toward building mintish. Shows a saw from late-70's, early-80's on each side. I'm not much of a Stihl fan so don't value it too highly... not like other old signs from now-antique North American-made chainsaw dealers.

That sign you show is many years older. Nice looking sign.

Thanks, OMG.

I'd keep it. Here's mine. Nothing special, but I like it a lot.

View attachment 961227
I see you have a block and tackle hooked to the saw, I always knew Stihls were heavy but man, didn't know they were getting that bad!!!!. JK. Signs can mean alot to people, IMHO the personal value means more than the $$$$ by a long shot. CJ

Latest posts

Back