Just came across this...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same difference. You might cut anything, but if it isn't meant to be cut, you in a heap of trouble. It kind of sets back the kinder, gentler, new age logger that some have worked hard to promote.
Yup. Can you picture John Pollman wearing something like that? I can't and he's the real deal.

Hilarious. I think if a guy showed up looking for a falling job and wearing something like that I'd ask for a skills demonstration before I took him seriously. References, too.

I think it's just a cool sweatshirt that shows support to a dying line of work. I bought one and will proudly wear it.

I think it's just a cool sweatshirt that shows support to a dying line of work. I bought one and will proudly wear it.

LOL...you go right ahead. Make your statement. It's America, right? Land of the free, home of the brave, where each and every citizen has the inalienable right to be as ridiculous as he can possibly be.

I'll keep track of the actual loggers I know that wear one of those. Probably not many.

LOL...you go right ahead. Make your statement. It's America, right? Land of the free, home of the brave, where each and every citizen has the inalienable right to be as ridiculous as he can possibly be.

I'll keep track of the actual loggers I know that wear one of those. Probably not many.

I think a couple of you are looking way too much into this. My father had a logging company and some of my earliest memories were logging. It's been 10 plus years now since I've worked in that line of work. I'm proud of my past and wearing anything that shows support to the logging industry is all good in my book, plus it may piss off a few liberals.....

I think a couple of you are looking way too much into this. My father had a logging company and some of my earliest memories were logging. It's been 10 plus years now since I've worked in that line of work. I'm proud of my past and wearing anything that shows support to the logging industry is all good in my book, plus it may piss off a few liberals.....

We appreciate your support. Now...go out and buy some American lumber products. That's how you can best show your allegiance to the timber industry.
We'll handle our own PR program.

That's what we need, more people pissed off at loggers. You need to take your rhetoric to the political forum. I know of more than a few "liberals" at least you would consider them to be, that actually work in the woods.

I'm waiting to hear about the EPA.

That's what we need, more people pissed off at loggers. You need to take your rhetoric to the political forum. I know of more than a few "liberals" at least you would consider them to be, that actually work in the woods.

I'm waiting to hear about the EPA.
Easy there big fellow.....same side....

Easy there big fellow.....same side....
Nope, I don't think we are and I am not a fellow. I get riled up when some narrow minded Neanderthal starts talking liberals vs conservatives. The world isn't that cut and dried. Maybe if you returned to the firewood forum you might get the adoration you want by your political rhetoric.

It's obvious that neither of you know of what you write of. Dying breed? Well, the loggers who could not adapt to the new ways or who were hard to work with did decrease in number. That is not a bad thing. The good ones--those who care about the quality of their work, had a nasty bump when the recession hit, but are back to work now.

It isn't at all like what you are watching on Axemen.

Back