Just curious; How many Buckeyes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Major Wood

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm just curious how many members are from the great state of Ohio, and being this is a firewood thread has anyone burned Buckeye wood and is it good burning? Tom from Girard

One Ahia guy here and Buckeye is the poest excuse for firewood i know of, worse even than willow.

Never burnt it. Not a single tree around here that I know of.

I am from Ohio and ashamed that the Buckeye is our state tree. I have been systematically getting rid of them from my property. I have never burned them, but think they are a poor excuse for wood. Ill burn cottonwood or willow before I stoop that low. Maybe if Im freezing ill burn some.:greenchainsaw: Check this out its right near the dregs. http://chimneysweeponline.com/howood.htm

Last edited:
I am all my life .I would like a GTG for southwest ohio seems to be a bunch of
us here .Never burned any buckeye .

Born and raised in Ohio. Don't even know when I last saw a buckeye tree let alone burn the wood.

Ohio sucks. There needs to be another MI-OH war, we want Toledo back, but you have to keep the crappy parts of it. Go Spartans.

Grew up near Waynesville, in Warren county. The antiques capital of the midwest. Live near Green Springs in north central Ohio now.

Born and raised a Buckeye here in Central Ohio. IF either of my girls attend OSU they would be 5th generation to attend on my wife's side of the family. Don't see too many decent size Buckeye trees around me and now seeing the BTU chart, I won't bother cutting them either(unless free, of course)

AOD- If you want Toledo you have to take ALL of it. I wouldn't throw too many insults around considering Jim Tressel had won more games in Ann Arbor than all of Michigan's 2008 team.

Born and raised a Buckeye here in Central Ohio. IF either of my girls attend OSU they would be 5th generation to attend on my wife's side of the family. Don't see too many decent size Buckeye trees around me and now seeing the BTU chart, I won't bother cutting them either(unless free, of course)

AOD- If you want Toledo you have to take ALL of it. I wouldn't throw too many insults around considering Jim Tressel had won more games in Ann Arbor than all of Michigan's 2008 team.

At least U of M is better than the Lions. Its pretty bad that the best football tema in the state of MI right now is Muskegon High School.

Buckeye here. Never burned it though.

I don't know if there are too many in Carroll County, just south of the mason-dixon (Rt 30) :clap:

:hmm3grin2orange:

Buckeye always seems to burn easy in Arbor:D
(Untill this year anyway.)

It ain't the same without woody bringin' the Marshmellows though...
I ain't ashamed to cheer for you guys when it's outside of the Big 10!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

O-H....I-O

Born and raised, 20 years old now.

Being a buckeye isn't that bad. I go to Kent State, so I am a Golden Flash right now. Last year I attended Ohio Wesleyan, so I was a Battling Bishop.:dizzy:

Can't really call Michigan a rival right now.....and it looks like we will continue the dominance since we have another top recruit class coming in. Including a stud right from the state of Michigan. So....bring it!!!

Back