Just finished building an 056 Mag II....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's sweet man. Does it have a working chainbrake? Those seem to be really hard to find for that saw.

I don't know about anybody else, but I am ready for the log test little buddy!:popcorn: At least want to hear it rumble:popcorn: Haven't heard one of those saw's since hmm. 1990 something? Norm.....

Hahaha...No, I have a shop that I run my other business out of and have my little saw repair bench tucked away in the corner....The pics were taken in my front parts area of the shop.

Lmao! I guess im the only one that has a few on his kitchen table then? When its 100+ outside i refuse to work in my garage!

I don't know about anybody else, but I am ready for the log test little buddy!:popcorn: At least want to hear it rumble:popcorn: Haven't heard one of those saw's since hmm. 1990 something? Norm.....

I promise I'll add a video this week......I don't have any trees handy that will really test a 90+ cc saw, but you'll hear the rumble and see some chips fly anyway.....:laugh:

That's sweet man. Does it have a working chainbrake? Those seem to be really hard to find for that saw.

You bet....Chainbrake is like new and works awesome!

That is a very nice saw, as far as I can tell they were never sold here ( Ireland ) so I live in hope of finding one on the classifieds !
Looking forward to the vid, thanks for posting the pics.

I have a good running 056 Mag II that I picked up at my local Stihl dealer, it was a trade in on a new 660. I have often wondered what was the years of production on the 056 Mag II? I guessed late 80's to early 90's, anybody know for sure?

Steve

Jockeydeuce, I know the feeling. When I brought my 2101 home after my saw shop did some thing's. I had caught up on my wood pile, and had nothing to cut. I eyeballe'd a couple oak tree's, but knew it wasn't worth the wrath when Jeanie got home! So I had to wait a week or so. Then I went out to one of our hunt place's to cut more wood, and what do you know a 3plus foot at the base oak came down, in a storm. What could I do but get to cutting. And a good log for the testing.:clap And I fell in Love again:msp_thumbsup:

Jockeydeuce, I know the feeling. When I brought my 2101 home after my saw shop did some thing's. I had caught up on my wood pile, and had nothing to cut. I eyeballe'd a couple oak tree's, but knew it wasn't worth the wrath when Jeanie got home! So I had to wait a week or so. Then I went out to one of our hunt place's to cut more wood, and what do you know a 3plus foot at the base oak came down, in a storm. What could I do but get to cutting. And a good log for the testing.:clap And I fell in Love again:msp_thumbsup:

I live in the interior of British Columbia, not in the PNW rain forest area on the coast, so big trees don't come along too often. I live on 36 acres of timbered land, but it's mostly smaller, second growth, Douglas Fir (although they are tall).

I have a handful of 3'+ fir at the back of my property, but I like just leaving those big ol' girls standing.

I hear you Jockeydeuce, they are nice standing!:rock: I would leave em too. Plenty of downed wood as well. Nice saw for sure, they were used for along time around here. I bet your'e country has some awesome tree's too.

Back