Just fired up my new Woodchuck 2900 for the first time and have some questions..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gravely_todd

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Well, as the title says, just fired it up and dealing with the smoke/stink of a new furnace in the house, but I can deal with that. :shut-mouth: Anyway, my old furnace was a Jensen 21 from the 80s and the flue pipe didn't have a damper at all, my Woodchuck has an adjustable damper in the flue pipe and I really don't know what to do with it....should it be open all the time during normal use and/or close a bit during a cold start ? Do I need to adjust it during normal use, and how do I know where to set it ? I figure that answer will be "it depends on a lot of factors..", but I am looking for some basic answers. I am going into a clay lined brick chimney if that makes any difference...... :confusedn:

Todd

We have a misunderstanding here.....the draft control in the pipe is a barometric draft regulator. To close it would increase drafts and send more heat up your flue.

To the OP....you really should be asking the company that made your furnace the questions about how to run your furnace...they know it best.
Just like if you bought a Yukon...I'd expect you to call us if there were any issues.

Basics....get your furnace set up to exactly what the manual calls for.Then burn dry wood...dry is 20% or less.
I believe your barometric is supposed to be set with a manometer to .04-.06 inches.

Latest posts

Back