just got a husky 2100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cachehunter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hi i just traded for the husky it seems to run real good. Can someone tell me how they like there's or didn't like it Do they have any issues i should look out for thanks

Check it over real good. Piston, cylinder and all that good stuff.

If it's in good shape just push the plunger once and a while and you'll be good to go. The two that I used to run were darned near bullet proof. If you have fillings in your top jaw be sure to check and make sure that you still have them after a long day.

Probably the most reliable saw that I have ever used. Those things just made ya feel warm & fuzzy knowing you had enough saw to handle what ever you were doing. They will handle some monster wood and not even blink.

Bottom line lay'er to the wood and go ahead on'er

Owl

Last edited:
I picked one up from a family member last fall. He bought at a garage sale for $50, used it two-three times and put it away. He gave it to me 'cuz he didn't need/use it. I've only used it twice, don't often need a saw that large but it's nice to know I've got it when needed.:biggrinbounce2:

Seems like a real, solidly built saw. Lot of grunt, seems to have nice phat power band. Mine smokes a bit and I can't quite get the idle correct, either wants to spin the chain or too rich. If I can pick up a manual I plan to tear in to it, give it a thorough cleaning, replace filters and such then try to tune it. Pulling on this baby makes one realize why they invented the decomp valve....:hmm3grin2orange: I'm a Stihl guy by nature, but am starting appreciate the other flavor of orange.

There is a 2101, not sure of the difference, but it is very minor. There are a fair number of very closely related saws, and many of the parts interchange. The 1100, 298, 280, 380, 480, and the 285 (I may have forgotten one or two). There are some differences in ignition and the 80 cc saws have a smaller diameter crankshaft. I'm sure there are lots of other differences but they are all based on the same saw. Heavy, torquey, durable..... great for milling but WAY too much saw for basic firewood cutting unless you are linebacker size and/or are too stubborn to buy a modern saw. Mine does milling duty with an Alaskan. Have fun with it, they are fairly highly prized by those who own them.

Last edited:
Good saw. They feel on par with a 3120 with a big bar, but alot higher RPM so a shorter bar is good also.

With a 24 inch bar, nothing will stand in your way.

Fred

Thanks for the information. I can't wait to take it out and try it on some big oaks that the ice storm took down. Now if the weather will corporate.

Back